Mental Health past and present

What’s the thoughts on this one? are clubs or loaned clubs looking after players ? Be it gambling, effects of family homes being broken into, or just general day to day check ups.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67443393 

what examples can you think of that clubs should have stepped in or can do more for overall Mental Health of everyone ? , I loved the Norwich City football club one recently thought that was a really good example for other clubs to follow. 

Edited by Fa1833

50 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

What’s the thoughts on this one? are clubs or loaned clubs looking after players ? Be it gambling, effects of family homes being broken into, or just general day to day check ups.

Exactly....poor guy just tryin to enjoy the game but Richard Simmons there is gettin waaaaaay too handsy. 

You see this is what I learned a long time ago.

You can pick your ticket but you can't pick who sits next to you.

Always plan strategically

Donald W. Reynolds Section W104

Mrs  Me  |Aisle|                                                                     [Bathroom]                                                                     [Beer Booth].

Razorbacks.

[[[Peace. ]]]

On 17/01/2024 at 11:02, Malangsob said:

Exactly....poor guy just tryin to enjoy the game but Richard Simmons there is gettin waaaaaay too handsy. 

You see this is what I learned a long time ago.

You can pick your ticket but you can't pick who sits next to you.

Always plan strategically

Donald W. Reynolds Section W104

Mrs  Me  |Aisle|                                                                     [Bathroom]                                                                     [Beer Booth].

Razorbacks.

[[[Peace. ]]]

Haha true but do you think the message got out ? Also do you think players are now getting assessed more on there mental heath side of things be it gambling debts alcohol, Did Rangers ever flag up the Gazza booze 

Edited by Fa1833

24 minutes ago, Fa1833 said:

Haha true but think the message got out ? 

IDK. 

If you're sad, if you can't pay your bills, your car broke down, kid's on the glue...the list goes on.

It is ultimately up to you to take the steps to go fix it. 

TBF I have just known some mopey, miserable bastards.

Men spent their lives lookin like they just ate a shit sandwich...lots and lots now I think of it...military has that effect.

Life has the possibility of being that for some folks though.

I only knew one guy who offed himself....well 1.5

Kinda didn't know the other guy...mopey bastard just kinda kept to himself.

He worked over in analysis...NERD!

Either way, the ultimate point is this.

People need to do the leg work themselves.

I am not some empath who can shake a man's hand and know he is sad because his wife burned his mashed potatoes then humped his brother. 

Besides, If a man smiles too much or is really nice all of a sudden, it's kinda weird.

Daddy always said (accurately IMO) he wants to do one or all of three things.

Rape you, rob you, or give you religion.

I got no time for none that shit. 

Edited by Malangsob
skeeter bites

Yeah it does indeed m8 in abundance military life does do that to you and that’s what probably makes you have the sense that everyone looks after each other on the outside but in reality that only happens when inside as when you leave only the select few Brothers stay in touch, it’s a shame but a reality unfortunately. What Regiment were you in ?