The crimes of the baby boom generation

43 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

What is the root cause for these things?

Difficult to say for certain.

Looks a lot like some problem with the general direction of the West post 1945. Not sure exactly how to describe it.

43 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Not sure the last one is true. 

I think that the increase of University education is largely to satisfy the demands of boomer parents.

One thing that gets on my tits is this stupid idea that in working from home they get more done absolute pish I've seen my own fanying about sipping wine having more coffee breaks than what's good I'm ashamed to say they are in my eyes lazy b******s.

And from councillor friends in Glasgow most of the staff in the city chambers are working from home fucking malingerers .

13 minutes ago, compo said:

One thing that gets on my tits is this stupid idea that in working from home they get more done absolute pish I've seen my own fanying about sipping wine having more coffee breaks than what's good I'm ashamed to say they are in my eyes lazy b******s.

And from councillor friends in Glasgow most of the staff in the city chambers are working from home fucking malingerers .

I don't get that much opportunity to WFH these days, but I find there's considerably more opportunity for fannyimg about when I'm on site!

1 hour ago, Thinker said:

I don't get that much opportunity to WFH these days, but I find there's considerably more opportunity for fannyimg about when I'm on site!

Well you wouldn't be fanying about if I were in charge I'd just sack you 

14 minutes ago, compo said:

Don't think it works like that in a lot of workplaces.  There are dismissal processes in place and not following them would get you sacked.  

2 hours ago, compo said:

I'd disagree. When working from home I don't have the 45 minute commute both ways and interaction with other staff tends to be a lot more focused.

That would also apply to the council employee that I share a house with. 

There are benefits of office working as well, so a mixture of the 2 is ideal.

55 minutes ago, compo said:

It's the bosses that are the worst for fannyimg about! Constant pointless blethering meetings, or issuing stupid edicts about "clean desk policy". I'm convinced they mainly want us on site so they can conspicuously swan about justifying their own existence!