Staunch Partick Thistle man Mick Matheson resigns...

...as Health Secretary, but not, as far as I can see, as an MSP, for that would precipitate a by-election, at which, as any psephologist knows, the SNP would be fucked by the broad end of a sousaphone. 

There are at least two questions:

Has the boy Humza struck  some kind of shabby deal between him and Matheson, to the latter's financial benefit? 

Is the imminent report on the 'affair' from the Parliamentary Estate about to report more malfeasance by the Minister?

• Rousseau changed the title to Staunch Partick Thistle man Mick Matheson resigns...

On the same day a report on 30 plus NHS Scotland buildings are constructed of reinforced aerated concrete the press make it sound more dangerous than it is but the thing is the cost of rectifying it very expensive and labour intensive.

3 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Is the imminent report on the 'affair' from the Parliamentary Estate about to report more malfeasance by the Minister?

More malfeasance wouldn't surprise me but neither would it being redacted from the report.

25 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

More malfeasance wouldn't surprise me but neither would it being redacted from the report.

You cynic. 

That kind of intel goes by WhatsApp, with a pre-bed ritual of deletion.

Of course, if he is anything like his pal Humza, that act may be overlooked, depending on whose bed he is hopping into. 

12 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Sturgeon will be greetin' again at this rate.  

Maybe she will just trash another hotel room in Edinburgh. 

(An alleged pecadillo of the Empathetic Yin.)

I wonder if you get a loss of office payment if you’re sacked. Maybe that’s why he resigned. Don’t accept the resignation and give him his books instead.

Awe, the misfortune of poor Michael. Surely, your heart goes out?

I hope he has enough left over for that sauna and spa he wants to attach to his coastal cottage on the Isle of Skye. Oh, and that sprung parquet floor he was so keen on; he was intent upon practising his Hokey Cokey replete in his fully segged brogues.