[FT] Rangers 2 (Barisic 10; Silva 76) - 0 Ayr Utd

I thought Raskin played quite well when Clement first arrived but hasn't looked up to much since the injury.  

Wright - I'm not sure why he's still here.  I lost count of the wasted opportunities he had in the first half alone.  Kick it out, kick it straight at the goalie, kick it anywhere but to another Rangers player.  He's nowhere near good enough.

Yesterday showed what Cantwell and McCausland bring to the side - without them we're fairly predictable. 

57 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I thought Raskin played quite well when Clement first arrived but hasn't looked up to much since the injury.  

Wright - I'm not sure why he's still here.  I lost count of the wasted opportunities he had in the first half alone.  Kick it out, kick it straight at the goalie, kick it anywhere but to another Rangers player.  He's nowhere near good enough.

Yesterday showed what Cantwell and McCausland bring to the side - without them we're fairly predictable. 

I thought Wright did ok last night. He was better second half than the first half though.

Like it or not we need homegrown players for Europe. With Jack maybe leaving at the end of the season we’re low in numbers of homegrowns who are a decent standard 

Not a great performance, but a few positives like Cortes and Diomande both getting minutes and looking good. Surely the only reason for playing Wright is to give young McCausland a rest. The bit of the game the that has stuck in my mind the most was Goldsons crazy studs up tackle after a heavy touch. He could easily have seen red for that. I know we have a good record defensively, but Goldson and Tav are terrible defenders. Big Souttar had a fine game though.

Edited by Graeme Ro55

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Wright was a bit part player in a bang average Aberdeen side, the fact he is still here is baffling. 

The only reason I can think of is he ticks a box for Europe but the emergence of McCausland who is a far superior player should render that pointless moving forward.

It wasn't our best performance but even the best ever teams when winning leagues and cup play many games like this during a season I personally think sometimes the opposition brings you down to their level , but we march on .