The Just William Stories...

• Rousseau changed the title to The Just William Stories...

The life that every noble boy* aspired to in ancient times: railing against the tyrannies of parents, elder siblings, and teachers and having to thole the awful presence of bloomin’ girls in the form of Violet Elizabeth Bott, yet finding liberation plundering orchards, lighting fires, falling out of trees. Sets you up for the vicissitudes of life, that does.

* molesworth n.

9 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

yet finding liberation plundering orchards

Where I'm from we referred to that as pollin' apples.  I believe the English term is 'scrumping'.  

They were always cooking apples, so rarely got eaten.  

9 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

lighting fires

I fancied myself as a bit of an arsonist in my primary school days.  Loved nothing more than setting things on fire - thankfully, no one got hurt.  

Kids nowadays rarely seem to get involved in these types of activities, sadly.  I think a couple of youngsters abused me on a bus last night but they seemed to be using some kind of Jamaican patois, so I wasn't sure what they were saying.  

Edited by Gonzo79

1 hour ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think a couple of youngsters abused me on a bus last night but they seemed to be using some kind of Jamaican patois, so I wasn't sure what they were saying.  

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

Wasn’t rangers_syntax[sic], was it?

Certainly not.

These kids today are so different from what went before.  How on earth did it end up like this?