Just wondering if anyone here has used Bluecrest (or similar) for health checks and, if so, what was their service like?

Now that the NHS has effectively abandoned serious healthcare provision, I thought it might be wise to look elsewhere.

Just looked it up and I don’t see anything you can’t get fro your own GP you might wait a couple of days for an appointment but I can’t see Bluecrest being any more efficient stick with your local quack .

1 hour ago, compo said:

Just looked it up and I don’t see anything you can’t get fro your own GP you might wait a couple of days for an appointment but I can’t see Bluecrest being any more efficient stick with your local quack .

I've had the attention of consultants at the local infirmary for 20 years and found the service impeccable until Covid came along. Three years later I had to fight my way back on to their monitoring schedule. GP's on the other hand I've found to be all but useless and increasingly want to do things at arms length. I asked my GP for a routine PSA test, he told me not to waste my time, which sums it up for me. GP's only exist to prescribe drugs and seem to have little interest in the overall health or wellbeing of patients - you're on your own now. I used BUPA most of my working life and wish I'd kept it going when I retired.

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've had the attention of consultants at the local infirmary for 20 years and found the service impeccable until Covid came along. Three years later I had to fight my way back on to their monitoring schedule. GP's on the other hand I've found to be all but useless and increasingly want to do things at arms length. I asked my GP for a routine PSA test, he told me not to waste my time, which sums it up for me. GP's only exist to prescribe drugs and seem to have little interest in the overall health or wellbeing of patients - you're on your own now. I used BUPA most of my working life and wish I'd kept it going when I retired.

Complete opposite with my GP practice. Even during Covid never had an issue getting appointments for me or my family. 

My Dad has recently been diagnosed with blood cancer and this was caught early due to his GP running tests when my Dad complained of feeling unwell. 

Also, his treatment and consultations at hospital have been regular and 1st class. 

I had BUPA but when the rates quadrupled(!) last year, we've now switched to Vitality. It's a lot more proactive and encourages a healthy lifestyle in addition to the usual private health stuff. Being able to call up for a phone GP appointment was something that was introduced during covid and is an added bonus.

17 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

BUPAs general service is really bad in my experience. Its your generic call centre experience where they use every trick in the book to avoid you using the service and make you jump through pointless hoops.

Interesting but the question I asked was about Bluecrest. Do you have any experience of them?