[FT] Benfica 2 - 2 Rangers (Lawrence 7; Sterling 45+5)

20 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think liability is a tad harsh, but his deficiencies have been more and more obvious as the months go by, and we still have 2 years of this left at 38k p/w..

Its definitely an issue and something to be cognizant of when thinking of throwing money at Lundstram who is 30 for a new deal.

Off course, liability is harsh, outwith the OG Goldson had a good game but some fans will continue to berate certain players - that's football. 

Last night, Lundstram played well in patches and not so well in other patches. However, it looked more like fatigue. He has been one of our most consistent performers this season and has shown he can play and excel at this level.

We are suffering from lack of options due to either players coming back from injury, or still out injured. I'd like to hope this will ease over the coming weeks and we also have an international break which will also help.

Bill Leckie in The Sun:

"Benfica draw isn't as good a result as Rangers think - this team were there for the taking"

FFS.

I won't provide a link. 

A Bola - Portuguese media wrote ;

A Bola (Portugal)

"Benfica's 25 shots compared to Rangers' nine gives an image of the Reds' superiority which, when you look closely, is relative, because what matters in this statistic is how many were on target. And, in that aspect, there was also a draw: 5-5. In other words, even without having more attacking flow, Rangers' vertical football caused problems for Trubin and the wall that protected the Ukrainian. These are alerts for the second leg, where, normally, Rangers find a precious ally in their fans to create a hostile atmosphere for their opponents.

Just now, Rousseau said:

Bill Leckie in The Sun:

"Benfica draw isn't as good a result as Rangers think - this team were there for the taking"

FFS.

I won't provide a link. 

Well, Bill Leckie has just spoilt my morning coffee....... not 😀

I think we could have won; I think we should have won. 

A minority opinion, perhaps. 

When you celebrate draws, you are only a short step away from "hailing" 'brave defeats', and that should never do. 

20 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Bill Leckie in The Sun

Pretty much everything that's wrong with Scottish football coverage is this legacy red top media. The sooner the all go out of business the better. Parasites that add no value.

I feel for the genuine ones that do a good job but unfortunately they are few and far between, eclipsed by the likes of Leckie, Jackson, Spiers et al.

14 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

When you celebrate draws, you are only a short step away from "hailing" 'brave defeats', and that should never do. 

It's only halftime - we've neither won nor lost the tie. 

Being proud of the teams performance against a team that are superior to us and havent lost a home EL tie isn't "celebrating".

Just recognition of a fantastic performance / result that further enhances our growing EL reputation. 

17 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Well said 

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

It's only halftime - we've neither won nor lost the tie. 

Being proud of the teams performance against a team that are superior to us and havent lost a home EL tie isn't "celebrating".

Just recognition of a fantastic performance / result that further enhances our growing EL reputation. 

Well said.