36 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Nothing self indulgent about your posts.

Sammy Baird had his doubters when he arrived from Preston North End but he scored a lot of important Inside forward goals and never lacked effort. Played left half for the Hibs when his time at Ibrox was over.

Caldow and Wilson - what can you say? Caldow a world class player and Wilson my favourite Rangers winger (my username notwithstanding) There’s some field of runners for favourite winger title. Waddell, Scott, Henderson, Hubbard, Wilson, Cooper and Johnston and I’m still raging they let Eddie Rutherford go to Hearts.

Sitting in a cafe this morning just around the corner from Sammys old pub which is now an empty shell (photo of it in its heyday below).

He was great with our club back in the 80s - always made sure the costs were covered as some days they'd be as few as 6 or 7 of us (including the driver).

SC01630718.jpg

The great all rounder. No, not Botham or Sobers. They never flew over Germany in a Mosquito. Keith Miller, Victoria, Australia and carousing pal of Denis Compton.

IMG_1692.jpeg

navy-quarterback-roger-staubach-posing-w

Roger Staubach

Naval Officer, Heisman Trophy winner and two time Super Bowl Championship quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys. 

A true All American. 

47 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Born this day 1920

MM and one of the finest at headers despite being about half the size of Hateley or DJ.

Scottish International selectors had the puzzle of choosing a number 9 from Willie Thornton, Lawrie Reilly or Willie Bauld. They sometimes solved it by picking Billy Houliston of Queen of the South, a sort of unsophisticated Lyndon Dykes.

Andy Irvine, one of my favourite rugby union players and met him.when he attended our BB prize-giving ceremony around 1978/1979ish

andy_irvine_heroc636.jpg

Tim Horton, a true Canadian hero, more for "his" coffee and chilli which keep me warm on many a freezing cold Canadian winters day 😀 

Also a hero who played for the Toronto Make Believes and New York Rangers (amongst others).

Tim_Horton.jpg