Rangers V Lyon Prediction

Very true, but not double standards - you are comparing Arsenal and Boro' to Rangers v Lyon. I am stating that I do not think we will beat Lyon. In fact I fear they will come out, guns blazing, whilst we play 1 up front and get beat.

My opinion - your comparison, slight difference. And yes I am grumpy - been up since 06:00.

Aye,blah!blah! :uzi:

Who on here has said Rangers will win easy ?

There were posts that hinted we were not good supporters because we predicted a defeat, that is what i meant. saying Rangers will win 40-0 must make me a super supporter.:confused:

As i said I think we're capable of at least a draw. Lyon are improving but are still not near the team they have been in the previous 5 years.

One thing that does concern me is the pace throughout our team. With Darcheville, Novo and Beasley all out we dont really have much pace in the team and for this reason Id play Buffel.

But we'll all do our line ups once Alan gets his preview up today or tomorrow. Alan you might want to do this today seen as its a big match and we can discuss.

That is probably the most ridiculous thing I have seen you post johnny and I very much respect your posts.

Because some fans refuse to be blindly optimistic in absolutely no way means that they want to see the team get beat and most definitely not gloat should that happen.

You also seem to be tarring us all with the same brush by suggesting that we are always negative which also is nowhere near the case.

Can we win this game ? Of course we can. Is it a difficult game for us to get a result ? Absolutely. Lyon, in my opinion, have a superior team to us, my opinion that we will lose the game is based on comparing the two teams and their quality. I think Lyon have more quality than we do.

Doesn't make me any less a supporter than you are - and it certainly doesn't mean I am always negative.

maybe gloating was a stupid thing to say I agree :rolleyes: but some of the posts here beggar belief sometimes IMHO. Maybe I read some of the posts wrong but to me some fans/posters seem happy they got the result correct and say I told ya so rather than the result itself.

I am not saying everyone is negative but again some posts are very negative again IMO m8 nothing else it's all about opinions here is it not :confused:

You think we will lose that's your opinion and I respect it but I don't think they are that much better than us, they have better players in some positions but we do have a good young (mainly Scottish based) team that I think will only get better. The game in France they were shooting mainly from outside the box and our defence with a 36 year old with no pace kept them there so there's no reason why we can't do it again but again that's only my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone who thinks we will get beat :cheers:

I never mentioned anything about being a better supporter than anyone else because I think we will win m8 :confused:

As i said I think we're capable of at least a draw. Lyon are improving but are still not near the team they have been in the previous 5 years.

One thing that does concern me is the pace throughout our team. With Darcheville, Novo and Beasley all out we dont really have much pace in the team and for this reason Id play Buffel.

But we'll all do our line ups once Alan gets his preview up today or tomorrow. Alan you might want to do this today seen as its a big match and we can discuss.

I know you really must like Buffel Gribz but he is not exactly a speed merchant is he :confused:

Naismith has much more pace IMO and should be in from the start well before Buffel :cheers:

I know you really must like Buffel Gribz but he is not exactly a speed merchant is he :confused:

Naismith has much more pace IMO and should be in from the start well before Buffel :cheers:

Buffel is quite quick IIRC. I just remember him when we beat Celtic 3-1 at Ibrox 2 seasons ago and he was at the heart of hitting them on the break and got himself a goal aswell.

I was going to ask about Naismiths pace. I like him as a striker but havent seen enough of him to think if he has plenty pace. But if so, id play them both :)

Buffel is quite quick IIRC. I just remember him when we beat Celtic 3-1 at Ibrox 2 seasons ago and he was at the heart of hitting them on the break and got himself a goal aswell.

I was going to ask about Naismiths pace. I like him as a striker but havent seen enough of him to think if he has plenty pace. But if so, id play them both :)

IMO Buffel is not very fast unless he can run when he wants to :devil:

IMO I don't think we can afford luxury players against Lyon on Wednesday :cheers: