Rangers vs Man Utd: Pre-season friendly

• Rousseau changed the title to Rangers vs Man Utd: Pre-season friendly

I'm hoping this means that we wont be selling these as "other home matches" on the ST renewals which are due out shortly. Due to MyGers points I feel obliged to buy the friendlies and then I try to give away the tickets as friendlies are not for me.

And i'm certainly not interested in going to watch that mob either. Although I did chuckle at their last minute winner against victim FC (English version) at the weekend with a certain dud former loanee firing in a lovely finish. Shame he couldnt have found a finish like that in Seville.

I can see the good people of EH12 petitioning their member of parliament to keep the mancunian and weegie scum in their own part of Scotlandand not fighting and pishing in their streets  

22 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Howcome we’re not playing ManUtd at ibrox?

It's set up through a third party (Man Utd played Lyon at Murrayfield last Summer) plus Ibrox is getting done up.

35 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Howcome we’re not playing ManUtd at ibrox?

Ibrox is getting work done. I believe all our pre-season matches will therefore be away - I could be mistaken, though. 

I'm not really for these so called glamour friendlies better with a few games against lower league opponents then maybe someone decent a heavy defeat isn't the Ideal way to go into a season 

Fifty years past, I attended the Manchester United v Rangers friendly at Old Trafford.

It was a hastily arranged friendly because both clubs had been knocked out of their respective national cup competition. Rangers had succumbed 0-3 at Ibrox's first Sunday fixture in February whereas, Man U fell at home to Ipswich Town 0-1. Both Scottish Cup and FA Cup quarter-finals day was Saturday the 9th of March and both clubs had free Saturdays. Tensions had been raised by Lou Macari, he sold a piece to the News of the World saying he had always enjoyed facing Rangers as a Sellik player. He explained that his win bonus was placed at the Bookies before old firm games such was the confidence of victory.

The Strathclyde Uni Union mini bus was an 18 seater, 28 travelled and, 22 returned. The attendance was given as 25,000 but, I suspect it was several thousand higher because the Rangers support walked in over the demolished exit gate. Start to finish, the game was, 'a bottle party'. It was a typical early 70s game, lots of running fights including on the pitch. Rangers won 2-3, our scorers were Greig, Johnstone and, Parlane. The winning goal was a King of Ibrox Park penalty, as Derek hit the net a few hundred fans from either side were on the turf swapping punches.

When we returned to the bus, both back door windows had been panned. I remember this proved fortunate as the lad who had purchased a match programme, ripped off the front cover and lobbed it through the gaping aperture. The reason being a portrait of Lou Macari was on the front cover.

Sincerely, I hope all Bears have a happier day at Murrayfield.