Summer 2024: Rip it up and start again?

1 hour ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

The guys who turn up every week and are available to play at a good level are the least of our worries IMO. Tav has good games and bad but overall he is still one of our best, unless we get a Saudi super bid he is going nowhere anyway.

Watching him try and recover against Maeda was brutal viewing though.

Carragher did a little piece to camera on MNF last week about how Casemiro needs to leave to the MLS or Saudi because his legs have gone and that it's sad to see him like that.

That's where I was with Tav on Saturday - if he was a brilliant defender with little pace I'd happily keep him as a starter, like an Azpilicueta or Carvajal..but alas, he isn't.

Although if we had a good structure and system in place his deficiencies would be less prominent.

10 minutes ago, yuddie said:

That's where I was with Tav on Saturday - if he was a brilliant defender with little pace I'd happily keep him as a starter, like an Azpilicueta or Carvajal..but alas, he isn't.

We need someone to take him and given we have him on another 2 years(?) on near 30k a week and a testimonial to come I cant see it.

Hibs are looking at signing Maolida permanently for only £700k. 

9 G+A in 14 starts.

A winger who overperforms his xG. 

I'd nab him as a backup. 

12 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Hibs are looking at signing Maolida permanently for only £700k. 

9 G+A in 14 starts.

A winger who overperforms his xG. 

I'd nab him as a backup. 

Sounds like Brandon Barker when he was at Hibs 😀

Tonight should have been a championship celebration or at worst the victory clinching match.

I’m going to pretend it is. C’MON GERS, Or in light of the selection, should that be C’mon the two men. Butland and Dionande. Can they do it?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Tonight should have been a championship celebration or at worst the victory clinching match.

I’m going to pretend it is. C’MON GERS, Or in light of the selection, should that be C’mon the two men. Butland and Dionande. Can they do it?

Such a pusillanimous post that you had to put it in the wrong thread !!

4 - 0... 

and more in the second half. 

Edited by Uilleam