[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 40')

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Who has the better PPG?

Clement - but it doesn't show he is performing miracles. His overall PPG is slightly above MBs. Was MB performing miracles last season? 

The manager deserves time, but like MB and Gio there are worrying trends developing. His reluctance to change his style (tactics), his reluctance to select a consistent starting 11. 

Lose the SCF and fall behind early next season and the writing will be on the wall.

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Clement - but it doesn't show he is performing miracles. His overall PPG is slightly above MBs. Was MB performing miracles last season? 

The manager deserves time, but like MB and Gio there are worrying trends developing. His reluctance to change his style (tactics), his reluctance to select a consistent starting 11. 

Lose the SCF and fall behind early next season and the writing will be on the wall.

Beale made an arse of the transfer window and we've paid for that with the season.

4 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

The club hasn't regressed with Clement. I'm scratching my head with some selections but at the same time his hands have been tightly bound. We need a serious clear out, but Clement deserves to oversee it. 

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see him turning us around. Most of us ignored the alarm bells under MB and Gio but Clement has shown the same "traits".

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

It's wing-play without any wingers... :facepalm: 

Cortes and Sima were big losses. 

To be fair the manager needs to adapt and play with what you have.

He cant play a wide attacking team with no wingers, he cann ignore midfield where we all have seen and heard and mentioned ourselves Celtc have been stronger than us in recent games. Which he seems to have done. The midfield has always been a big concern for us in these games. Sterling should have played with Diomande in there, Lawrence is done and should be a bench option only. 

He really needs to think outside the box for the cup final as sticking with the likes of Lundstram is a recipe for disaster. Lundstrams Rangers career is littered with men running off him.

Also big questions over the Silva signing, looked good at times but ultimately he s a bit too Cantwell/ Kent. Tidy footballer with no real end product. For all Hagi and Sakala looked like Bambi on ice at times they put up numbers. We needed a killer #9.

Manager needs to think a bit more tactically for the SCF. Cant just throw players into the system that hasn't worked v them for 3 times now.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

1 minute ago, PoohBear said:

Beale made an arse of the transfer window and we've paid for that with the season.

He made an arse of some but Butland and Sterling have been immense this season, Sima was on fire before being injured, Dessers has scored 21 goals. All Beale signings. I think his net spend was circa £6M. 

11 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I don't think Barasic done much wrong to be fair, he also had an assist with our goal. However, glad to be seeing the back of him at the end of the season.Lundstram was stupid and he had struggled in the game .

Pretty much everything Celtc did in the first half came down our left. They targeted them and Barisic is notorious at letting his opponent run at him which is why they played Forrest out of nowhere.

On the plus side if we play Trabzonspor in Europe next season we will destroy them down their left.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I wouldn't say Clement nor Beale have worked 'miracles', but expecting miracles is unrealistic. 

I thought Beale was doing well last season, in terms of results, which was why I was hopeful this season. He was sacked for his appalling start to this season. 

If Clement starts next season the way Beale did I'll be calling for his head. 

I'm much more comfortable about the future under Clement than I ever was with Beale, though. That's just me, though. 

10 minutes ago, CammyF said:

I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see him turning us around. Most of us ignored the alarm bells under MB and Gio but Clement has shown the same "traits".

I'm struggling to see how you can be pessimistic about Clement yet you wanted to stick with Beale. 

C o n t r a r i a n. :D