[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 40')

9 minutes ago, compo said:

Stats XGs go for nothing when we field a bunch of second raters who have no heart and a manager who looks incapable of changing our fortunes I dont think we have a lot of money in the cash tin so the future is looking rather grim 

I agree with except that Clement deserves another go.

Stats may be interesting but the fact is, for a time in midwinter the team were playing in the league better football than in previous seasons. Then as the High Statmaster himself said above Sima the Scorer got injured.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, compo said:

Stats XGs go for nothing when we field a bunch of second raters who have no heart and a manager who looks incapable of changing our fortunes I dont think we have a lot of money in the cash tin so the future is looking rather grim 

If he thinks Tom Lawrence has the fitness/energy/heart to win a midfield battle at the piggery I would not trust him with any money at all.

Edited by locked ward

At the end of the day it’s another OF defeat & 3 out of 4 this season in the league is totally unacceptable.

We must hope for better recruitment in the summer although it’s looking like CB’s will take up a big chunk of the budget. 

2 minutes ago, locked ward said:

If he thinks Tom Lawrence has the fitness/energy/heart to win a midfield battle at the piggery I would not trust him with any money at all.

I can’t understand his reluctance to play Raskin. He’s a battler which you need in an OF fixture 

18 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

I agree with except that Clement deserves another go.

Stats may be interesting but the fact is, for a time in midwinter the team were playing in the league better football than in previous seasons. Then as the High Statmaster himself said above Sima the Scorer got injured.

Another go but only if he commits himself for another two seasons it no use changing manager every year if he’s not prepared to commit then it’s back to square one at present the club is an embarrassment.

1 minute ago, compo said:

at present the club is an embarrassment.

That's it in a nutshell. So far behind them in all departments on and off the field. 

John Lundstram?

In his post match interview on Sky, I thought the Gaffer was close to throwing the Englishman under the proverbial. I am glad he refrained because there is a Scottish Cup final to play in a fortnight. The Gaffer has to find a way of installing both individual and collective confidence.

The game against Motherwell at Ibrox when we lost 1-2, we started poorly, gifted 'Well a couple of cheap opportunities before conceding. Lundstram was largely responsible for getting the team into it's then deserved top of the table position but, I thought he exhibited both mental and physical fatigue against the claret and amber. The games against Ross County and Dundee reinforced my feeling. 

Today's first half was a personal stinker for Lundstram. He was not involved in the early exchanges and when O'Riley again slipped off the back of him to receive the ball in our box, he was five yards off the pace. The own goal was unfortunate but, charging into the six yard box facing the goal means any contact is at best, a lottery. The red card was correct, I cannot believe a player of John's experience made that challenge a dozen yards outside Sellik's box.

Obviously, he is out for Tuesday's fixture against Dundee but, I would tell him to sit out Tynecastle too. Get some much deserved rest and recharge for the final.

The game itself was a repeat of a movie we have all endure a dozen times before. We start poorly, concede two quick goals then, decide to play a bit. We got one back  and going in at half time 2-1 down would have been fortunate and, would have given the Gaffer time to reset the team. However, Lundstram's red intervened. The second half was a procession for thirty minutes with an outrageous penalty decision thrown in. On three occasions, Morelos against Dortmund at Ibrox, Sellik at Ibrox in September'23 with Dessers dispossession of Lagerbielke and, today at ra Stydome; we have witnessed an opposition player kick through and connect with the calf of a Rangers player and, on all three instances the decision has gone against Rangers. 

Does the Co-op sell confidence?

14 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

John Lundstram?

In his post match interview on Sky, I thought the Gaffer was close to throwing the Englishman under the proverbial. I am glad he refrained because there is a Scottish Cup final to play in a fortnight. The Gaffer has to find a way of installing both individual and collective confidence.

The game against Motherwell at Ibrox when we lost 1-2, we started poorly, gifted 'Well a couple of cheap opportunities before conceding. Lundstram was largely responsible for getting the team into it's then deserved top of the table position but, I thought he exhibited both mental and physical fatigue against the claret and amber. The games against Ross County and Dundee reinforced my feeling. 

Today's first half was a personal stinker for Lundstram. He was not involved in the early exchanges and when O'Riley again slipped off the back of him to receive the ball in our box, he was five yards off the pace. The own goal was unfortunate but, charging into the six yard box facing the goal means any contact is at best, a lottery. The red card was correct, I cannot believe a player of John's experience made that challenge a dozen yards outside Sellik's box.

Obviously, he is out for Tuesday's fixture against Dundee but, I would tell him to sit out Tynecastle too. Get some much deserved rest and recharge for the final.

The game itself was a repeat of a movie we have all endure a dozen times before. We start poorly, concede two quick goals then, decide to play a bit. We got one back  and going in at half time 2-1 down would have been fortunate and, would have given the Gaffer time to reset the team. However, Lundstram's red intervened. The second half was a procession for thirty minutes with an outrageous penalty decision thrown in. On three occasions, Morelos against Dortmund at Ibrox, Sellik at Ibrox in September'23 with Dessers dispossession of Lagerbielke and, today at ra Stydome; we have witnessed an opposition player kick through and connect with the calf of a Rangers player and, on all three instances the decision has gone against Rangers. 

Does the Co-op sell confidence?

There’s no way Lundstram should feature in the cup final 

11 minutes ago, compo said:

There’s no way Lundstram should feature in the cup final 

I agree. Play Raskin in the next two league games and Final. They'll win the Final anyway though

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I agree. Play Raskin in the next two league games and Final. They'll win the Final anyway though .

A midfield of raskin ,sterling and dio and we will beat them .

Edited by locked ward