[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Dessers 40')

6 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

Everyone knows Beale was the brains behind all that :D

Well, everyone apart from Beale apparently 😀

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

All valid points, but you and others are misunderstanding my points. I've not made any case for SG being a great manager, or one we should bring back.

However, it's undeniable that he quickly found a way to regularly defeat Celtic. 

Since returning to the top league, SG has managed us to 8 out of our 10 victories over them. 

PC is sitting at 0/3 and any gambling man would bet their mortgage that it'll be 0/4 come May 25th. 

I think much of that comes down to management style. SG knew how to put a good solid team together which was hard to break down, however he struggled to break down the 'park the bus'. Look at his record v some of the diddy teams (Killie a good example) compared to Clement. Who has his team play a more expansive, direct open style. 

I think Clement needs to learn to be a bit more pragmatic.

2 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

I think much of that comes down to management style. SG knew how to put a good solid team together which was hard to break down, however he struggled to break down the 'park the bus'. Look at his record v some of the diddy teams (Killie a good example) compared to Clement. Who has his team play a more expansive, direct open style. 

I think Clement needs to learn to be a bit more pragmatic.

Whilst I would mostly agree with that, some of the football we played during 55 was the best I've seen from a Rangers team in decades. 

To counter that, some of the performances in cup competitions that season were up there with the worst 😀

Hate them or lose.  Gerrard hated them and knew how to deal with them.

The lack of passion and hatred in our team is so obvious.   Bunch of fannies.  

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Hate them or lose.  Gerrard hated them and knew how to deal with them.

The lack of passion and hatred in our team is so obvious.   Bunch of fannies.  

Serial losers............ nothings changed and don't give me the League Cup 😮 

2 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

Serial losers............ nothings changed and don't give me the League Cup 😮 

I'm so sick of Tav and co.  We need a complete change.  Letting a shite Paedo FC team laugh and swan around like that is an absolute disgrace.   

What a pathetic excuse for a team we have become.  

Posted (edited)

While agreeing with most of the foregoing IMO our injury situation has totally hindered this season.

A bit of food for thought re us and them pissibly finishing with less points than last has nobody given thought that some of the other teams have been improving to a degree and taken points off us and them.

Edited by MacK1950
spelling

57 minutes ago, Whosthedado said:

I still think we will be sitting in two weeks moaning about the same darn things. It feels like groundhog day

Two weeks I can cope with so long as it’s not two years.