I suppose this is a follow on from Frankies rip it up and start again post.

Whilst not disagreeing with his premiss, the problem is, can we trust those in charge to get it right?

Whilst its understandable to slate certain players I feel we have to go beyond what becomes and easy target and look at the decision makers at the club particularly the board.

Stand back for a minute and look at the last couple of years. We have changed 2 managers , 1 director of football, 2 key figures at Auchenhowie and the ignominy of losing our kit man and a tribunal to boot over his dismissal. 

Rangers football club on that turnover of key staff in a short space of time indicates to me we are not a well run business. Rumour  has it  , we  almost lost our commercial guru to the EPL until a heart to heart with our board and a promotion to CEO took care of that.

In times of change/crisis I would expect someone to step forward and explain in clear terms the way forward for Rangers and what key changes we will make beyond the playing staff.

I’m sure I’m not the only one bored with the drama that seems to engulf our club at times  like  these . Time for those   at the top to step up as well as the squad .

It could be argued that consecutive Rangers boards, going back as far as SDM'S moonbeams and then being "duped" have been negligent and haven't pushed us forward on or off the pitch

Meanwhile on the other side of the city they continue to outperform us domestically and financially. They have also set the political and media narrative whilst we continue with our stiff upper lip, dignified silence. 

Some fans appear to be happy with the above and for the life of me, can't see why. 

Have been saying this from 55 season, the board really need to step up to the plate. I don't mean personally finance the club, but find investors who help drive us forward.

At the moment their policy appears to be hoping we win the league with as little net investment as possible, which as we've seen again isn't realistic.

If nothing changes, we'll be in their shadow for the next two decades, as well as having been in their shadows for most of the last 15 or so years. That's the painful truth kf the situation. 

5 minutes ago, CammyF said:

It could be argued that consecutive Rangers boards, going back as far as SDM'S moonbeams and then being "duped" have been negligent and haven't pushed us forward on or off the pitch

Meanwhile on the other side of the city they continue to outperform us domestically and financially. They have also set the political and media narrative whilst we continue with our stiff upper lip, dignified silence. 

Some fans appear to be happy with the above and for the life of me, can't see why. 

Have been saying this from 55 season, the board really need to step up to the plate. I don't mean personally finance the club, but find investors who help drive us forward.

At the moment their policy appears to be hoping we win the league with as little net investment as possible, which as we've seen again isn't realistic.

If nothing changes, we'll be in their shadow for the next two decades, as well as having been in their shadows for most of the last 15 or so years. That's the painful truth kf the situation. 

Just as a sidenote to this, would you be happy with investment from, say, Saudi or elsewhere if it meant us becoming like Newcastle for example?

Think we'll struggle to find any significant investment whilst we play in Scotland.  Our managerial recruitment has been poor and the board should seek more football minded people to assist with big decisions.

We're still dealing with legacy problems from 2012 and Beale and his signings were a more recent disaster.   

The playing squad needs gutted and we need to get rid of the perennial losers like Tav and Goldson.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Just as a sidenote to this, would you be happy with investment from, say, Saudi or elsewhere if it meant us becoming like Newcastle for example?

Not Saudi (unless its Stevie Gerrard 😀 or from a source that can be verified - like exiled Rangers fans), but don't think anyone can deny that we are in urgent requirement for external investment. 

Edited by CammyF

25 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Would love investment from Saudi it’s the only way that would see our club progress we’re no longer a big club despite what fans think our present bunch can only hope for runners up spot these days anything above that’s an achievement just look at the record books to see how many trophies we’ve won in that time 

Posted (edited)

We currently have a higher playing staff wage bill than other mob fc.

Investment is pointless if you piss it away.

Also how do you get big investment and stay ffp compliant? 

Just do better with what we have, it may seem impossible but stranger things have happened.

Edited by Sutton_blows_goats

7 minutes ago, Sutton_blows_goats said:

We currently have a higher playing staff wage bill than other mob fc.

Investment is pointless if you piss it away.

Also how do you get big investment and stay ffp compliant? 

Just do better with what we have, it may seem impossible but stranger things have happened.

The point regarding our wage bill shows those in control of Rangers need to be held accountable for their terrible decisions. 

I've no idea how any eclxternal investment would impact FFP but out board would need to navigate a way through that if it is an issue.

I think Beale, Gio and now Clement have shown we can't do any better with what we have, we need something different or we'll continue to be 2nd best. 

Autumn of last year, I read an article in a Sunday broadsheet highlighting the Foundation of Hearts were handing over another cheque to the club. The presentation brought the total handed over to £4 million in a period of eight years.

Rangers supporters have precedence for similar action, the Rangers Supporters Association purchased the old Albion Training Ground area on behalf of the club. Monies raised a decade past to fund then upcoming legal actions were thankfully not needed and, the several hundred thousand pounds left over were handed to the club to pay the cost of constructing a stand at Auchenhowie.

The club are embarking on necessary refurbishment at the Stadium to at last comfortably and safely accommodate fellow supporters with mobility issues. It is a two year project which will raise the capacity by a 1,000 seats. The cost will come from monies raised by normal means, ie season ticket sales, sponsorship, hospitality, merchandise sales, ................. etc. This will detract from the various budgets dedicated to improving the club's playing and coaching staff.

If the Foundation of Hearts can raise such funds, I believe a proper organised similar scheme with similar aims officially connected to Rangers could dwarf the Jambo contributions. Do we have a coterie of Bean Counters prepared to utilise their abaci?