[FT] Hearts 3 - 3 Rangers (McCausland 52; Cantwell 69; Silva 79)

31 minutes ago, yuddie said:

It's terrible mate.

One of the reasons for Guardiola's dominance in the last 15 years is his excellent injury record at clubs and how he can keep rinsing the same 14 players season after season. Outside of cracking the vault at the Etihad Campus for his Snus Recipe or using needles we'll never replicate that.

But we should be having a dozen outfield players on 2500+ minutes. That's not unrealistic.

Having said that, hopefully the manager will reflect on this season and think about what he could have done better with what he had.

The injury record is awful, but it's not Clement's fault. 

He stated he knows the cause, so hopefully it will get fixed. 

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

Was it bbc radio Scotland?

A home draw isn’t a high for the Hearts fans I know. At least one of them is raging.

Yes, they have some sort of Youtube Channel with the audio stream.

3 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Had to endure their coverage as I worked in the garden. Each Rangers goal was met with the same despondent tone you hear when a European side scores against a Scottish side in Europe. I wasn't even sure if we scored a third as Silvas goal was so low key from the commentator (Rob McLean)

You do know there is radio commentary provided by Rangers TV?

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

You know what the solution is, don't you? A DoF. :D

Our defensive issues have come on over the last month or two. Up until then we we had the best defense.

The problems are a combination of players out of form (Barisic, Goldson, Tavernier), injuries (Balogun, Goldson, Yilmaz, SOUTTAR - And to those in front) and poor team pressing (that won't improve until PC gets them for a pre-season, IMO). 

Most if not all of those players you mentioned need replaced

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I am frustrated as to why Fraser (and other youngsters, I suppose) hasn't been given more minutes in a problem position, but Clement explained that when he said our youngsters hadn't been training with the first team properly, which is fair enough; they can't play when they're not up to speed with the style of play. 

That goes back to Beale, GvB and SG. 

Maybe the previous managers didn’t think the youngsters good enough

2 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Maybe the previous managers didn’t think the youngsters good enough

Possibly, but they still should have been involved in the training; that's negligence. 

4 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Most if not all of those players you mentioned need replaced

I don't disagree. 

Except for Yilmaz: we should build the team around him. :D 

2 hours ago, PoohBear said:

The time for judging Clement will be after the summer. If he goes into next year relying on the same losers then he'll deserve everything he gets. He has more than enough quality history to suggest he isn't the problem here and is due some time. I'm not particularly enamoured with his winter signings but it's a tough window.

What are we supposed to judge at the end of the summer, our dealings in the transfer market? It'll take a a good run before we know what quality he's brought in. The first quarter of the season, after we've played all teams once, may be a better gauge as to whether we're going to be up for a title fight or not but I would be hesitant to judge Clement too quickly (and it depends on how much he can change in one window). It would do more harm than good if, like Beale, he was sacked in October due to a bad start.

I would be prepared to give next season and the one after just so we don't find ourselves in the same position season after season - I'm note sure the majority of our fan base wouldn't be so patient though. I think we just have to stick with what we have for the foreseeable and hope he eventually gets it right as we don't have the money to replace almost everyone.