Ross McCausland: The first through the wall?

I think McCausland has done very well actually. 

Yes, he's limited in some ways: he's not that fast, he doesn't have a huge of amount of tricks and his final ball needs a lot of improvement. However, what he does have is confidence to take the ball, isn't afraid to try and beat his man and is unpredictable in terms of style and direction. He also works very hard defensively but, as we seen the other night, he does need to work on anticipating opposition play as he can react too late.

When he first broke into the team, I was far from convinced but we played some of our better football in the season before he got injured and fell out of favour. 

23 minutes ago, yuddie said:

I [...] firmly believe he could develop into a player we can rely on in rotation - we don't need him to be a future Balon d'Or Winner.

This annoys me. Too many fans demand our youngsters to be top, first-team stars straight away or they want them punted. 

As long as they can contribute to the team, then they're useful. 

If he can work on his weaknesses and improve his numbers to 10-20 G+A next season then that's fantastic. 

He's only just turned 21. 

I've heard a few fellow Bears criticise McCausland recently but I think it's unfair.  

He always tries to get forward and get into the box, both of which we need more of.  Yes, there's plenty of room for improvement and he's not great at tracking back but I think he can be a worthwhile player next season and further on.  

McCausland has been fine this season and think we missed him after he got injured against Motherwell. 

He sometimes takes the wrong option, but that can be said about many players and hopefully that will improve with experience. 

I hope we buy decent wide players in the summer (if we can't get Cortes and Sima back) but McCausland is a great option to have in reserve. 

13 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Is he better than Cadeias?

They're different, as Candeias preferred to cross it but McCausland tends to want to take the ball inside himself.  

Good young player never stops trying cant say that for some of them and he is only 21 a bright future ahead and lets hope its at Ibrox 

23 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

They're different, as Candeias preferred to cross it but McCausland tends to want to take the ball inside himself.  

Was Cadeias more effective? 

7 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Was Cadeias more effective? 

Some nerd will have the stats but I was never a fan of Candeias.  Some of his crosses were up there with the worst I've seen.