Hutton Transfer - done deal

Interesting to note that WS is saying that the decision was Hutton's..... would be interesting to know what Hutton says about it.

Seems though that the official line out of Ibrox is that he wasn't forced to go but decided upon himself..... maybe the Club "prompting" Hutton to move was the reason he will leave (why stay somewhere you are not wanted).

This transfer, much as though I understand the business and financial aspects, leaves a very sour taste in the mouth as to what is happening at the club.

I am afraid Hutton was given a clear confirmation that Rangers (SDM) wanted him to leave to cash in on him. I fully believe that if he waited until the summer, Hutton would have got the pick of any team, and also much more buck for his talents.

I think Rangers have pushed him out the door and I am disgusted that Rangers accepted the approach.

He is now gone, good luck to the lad. I don't think he will win much there, but there you go.

All the Best Alan, you were let down by Rangers and you have left for the right reasons for you.

:thup:

I for one think that in the past, Rangers have made many financial mistakes, and can assure you, if this was my money at stake, I'd want to cash in on the 10M rather than risk the play getting crocked. It's just too good to refuse and equivalent to about two or three years of player transfer fee budgets.

I can't have seen us turn down that kind of money even during NIAR. The player is going to get a huge pay rise and if he does as well as predicted could move to a bigger club in a few years for an even bigger fee. He'll be able to show what he can do as a first pick for a reasonably big Premiership club and also have a better choice of house and nightlife than Manchester.

We overspent in the summer and either pay it back by hardly spending in the next few years, or keep a good budget by decent player sales. It all makes sense to me.

You're probably right Calscot but it's the way that SDM dealt with the whole situation that has angered the fans. He's basically pushed him out the door and made Hutton feel unwelcome at a club he loves playing for and one he wanted to win the SPL with.

You're probably right Calscot but it's the way that SDM dealt with the whole situation that has angered the fans. He's basically pushed him out the door and made Hutton feel unwelcome at a club he loves playing for and one he wanted to win the SPL with.

Agreed. The financial aspects are obvious for all to see. It is the manner in which this deal was done that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Is this really what Rangers want to be ? A club that pushes a guy out the door who doesn't want to go (and who is probably our best player) ?

If any of this were common knowledge that he was pushed out the door then what kind of reputational impact would that have on the club for future signings ? Probably none, but you never know.

I for one think that in the past, Rangers have made many financial mistakes, and can assure you, if this was my money at stake, I'd want to cash in on the 10M rather than risk the play getting crocked. It's just too good to refuse and equivalent to about two or three years of player transfer fee budgets.

I can't have seen us turn down that kind of money even during NIAR. The player is going to get a huge pay rise and if he does as well as predicted could move to a bigger club in a few years for an even bigger fee. He'll be able to show what he can do as a first pick for a reasonably big Premiership club and also have a better choice of house and nightlife than Manchester.

We overspent in the summer and either pay it back by hardly spending in the next few years, or keep a good budget by decent player sales. It all makes sense to me.

the question isnt whether it makes good financial sense, but whether it was the right thing to do.

I'm happy for hutton however i'm also sad at the thought of losing one of our cracking young players.

SDM and Bain should hang there head in shame over this whole affair, as frankie once said "what's SDM agenda"? did sdm or bain bung a certain agent to get his client out of ibrox and give them a fat paycheck?

either way FUCK YOU SDM and BAIN