Deal or No Deal - Transfer Updates

A guy on FF has said that we've been 10m euros for some Sampdoria striker.

1. Do we really need another striker ?

2. Would we really spend almost 7 mill on a striker ?

Why is it we are going for more strikers when the defence and our midfield is what needs more personnel ?

1. Do we really need another striker ?

2. Would we really spend almost 7 mill on a striker ?

Why is it we are going for more strikers when the defence and our midfield is what needs more personnel ?

Who knows Craig but after the signing of Dailly anything can happen when WS is involved.

His name is Andrea Caracciolo. He's not much of a goalscorer - 53 goals in 219 games. :(

Andrea Corocciolo

What bothers me is that we haven't made much headway in the transfer market in January whilst Celtic have.

Our transfer dealings have seen us replace Ehiogu with Dailly (neither should be first teamers) and seen us replace Carroll with Alexander (Alexander will push McGregor harder but will probably still be back-up, we potentially will be keeping a player who does not want to be here, we have lost Thomson for 4-6 weeks with no replacement and we have sold our prized asset and best player.

They have signed an unknown Jap (big deal....) and Samaras (they did need more players up front but who knows what kind of player they will get), they look like getting Robson today (decent player, scores goals and will strengthen their midfield) and also look like getting rid of Jarosik which is a decent move in itself but it is a swap dal so MIGHT be getting a decent player in return. They have also signed a very promising (if you believe the media) young striker from Middlesborough.

Anyone else underwhelmed by what we have been doing in January ?

Seems like we have rested on our laurels and/or think we have a good enough team and squad to get us to the end of the season. I don't buy that... just look at Celtic, they at least seem to be strengthening (on the face of it) whilst, if anything, we have weakened.

I am very underwhelmed with what we have done in the transfer window.

The Celtic transfer dealings don't bother me. Never did whe nwe were inactive early in the window. The league table shows we have the squad.

The young Jap and Boro forward will not improve them.

It's questionable Samaras will.

Robson is a good signing, but was always going to happen.

The only thing that has worried me is losing Hutton. If we'd punted Ehiogu, Carroll and Cousin and brung noone in whilst keeping Hutton i'd have been happy with that and confident of a league victory. Keeping any transfer budget til the summer.

With our best player away and no decent signings in I am a bit more concerned now. But that is not in relation to their activity.

Forgot to add: We've been linked with the Sampdoria forward in previous windows, I recognise teh name, although nothing else of teh player or proposed deals.