My position on JFH is slightly curious.

I do rate him, and I think he's a very good goalscorer, but he's old now, past his best and expensive. I would not want Rangers to sign him.

In saying that, I also didn't really want Celtic to get him either.

Kind of sums up my feelings as well.

Cammy F

I know most of us hate Celtic but if you were a very rich outsider, would you prefer to play probably the last two years of your career contesting trophies and playing in the CL for say 27 grand a week, or say 32 grand a week to be in mid table obscurity or even a relegation dogfight in the EPL?

Remember the same applies to Rangers...

In those terms I think most would/should take the smaller amount to be challenging for honours (depends on how much of their money they have stashed and how much they have wasted though - ala Gazza - but you DID say a rich outsider so this is a moot point by me - sorry)

But JFH's instance is that he was being asked to take a 50% wage cut (allegedly) and, that coupled to interest from the EPL I think made it an easy offer for him to refuse.

Tricky one re mid-table obscurity vs CL games and contesting trophies though - because even with mid-table EPL obscurity the quality of teams are better than in the SPL so the CL games (assuming Celtic didn't make the group stages) would be negated by playing against that standard of team in the EPL over a season - the trophies thing, who knows ?

My position on JFH is slightly curious.

I do rate him, and I think he's a very good goalscorer, but he's old now, past his best and expensive. I would not want Rangers to sign him.

In saying that, I also didn't really want Celtic to get him either.

Couldn't have put it better myself Danny.

Would rather we built on youth with a mix of experience (but less than 34 yrs old) but if it was between Celtic and us getting him I would have taken him in a heartbeat as he would have scored a lot of goals up here.