Trapattoni Gets Ireland job

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7242896.stm

Great appointment for Oorland.

I picked this section out though:

Trapattoni won six Serie A titles with Juventus and one with Inter Milan. He also led Bayern Munich, Benfica and Salzburg to league titles and managed Italy from 2000 to 2004.

His European honours include the European Cup, three UEFA Cups and a Cup Winners' Cup triumph during his time at Juventus and Inter.

After seeing his record and seeing England take Capello with an equally impressive, record if not better, it makes the Scotland appointment a little unadventurous amongst other things.

Ireland and England come out of rucks with top top class appointments yet when we are on a high we should have been looking for a top class manager to carry the can yet we had Burns, McGhee, Souness, Davies and Burley in the running with the latter getting the job and appointing Terry Butcher as assistant!.

I quite like Burley and think he may be ok but seeing those 2 get world class managers tones the Burley appointment down a bit.

Scotland's choice of manager will be mainly down to budget. I'm sure I heard somewhere that we pay our managers the least out of all the home nations. Obviously the �£6m England are paying Capello is unrealistic for us but you would think we could compete with Wales, N Ireland and Ireland (if you count them as a home nation).

Who would you have went for Gribz?

George Graham for me. But I actually dont mind the Burley appointment, I think he is a good manager but Id have liked to have seen a few better names in the shortlist rather than Burns, Davies and McGhee.

Obviously Scotlands 'A' list of managers (Sir Awex, Moyes, etc) were out of reach but I never heard George Graham's name mentioned once. I thought we could have looked abroad or England. Terry Venebles would have been another id have been happy with.

George Graham for me. But I actually dont mind the Burley appointment, I think he is a good manager but Id have liked to have seen a few better names in the shortlist rather than Burns, Davies and McGhee.

Obviously Scotlands 'A' list of managers (Sir Awex, Moyes, etc) were out of reach but I never heard George Graham's name mentioned once. I thought we could have looked abroad or England. Terry Venebles would have been another id have been happy with.

Have you been over indulging in the herbal remedies again Gribzy? George Graham of boring boring Aresnal fame? No thanks. As for El Tel, wtf has he done in the last 15 years?