Team for tonight

no burke is a suprise. has he missed any of the previous games? i'm so suprised about novo. not to say its a bad idea, i think he should be played more, he has been spl topscorer a good few times, but i'm just suprised walter smith has done it. no matter opinions about whether this is a good or bad lineup, its certainly an untried lineup. going to be v/interesting to see how they play.

I fear a drab. boring game.

We have ZERO pace in that team (Novo aside), and little creativity. It looks to me like a team which is going to be hoping for set pieces to create chances.

McCulloch up top on his own is a mystery and must have Boyd reaching for his agent's phone number.

Novo in for Burke.... not necessarily a bad thing, but Burke has done nothing wrong to warrant that. Yet on the opposite flank we have Charlie Adam who has been MURDER for weeks now. How does Adam make the team and yet neither Burke nor Naismith can ? Unfathomable.

The defence and GK obviously pick themselves but aside from that only Hemdani and Ferguson are choices which make sense to me (Novo - hasn't played for weeks and probably not quite match fit; Davis - hasnt played for us at all; Adam - been poor in his last few games; McCulloch - not a striker, no further discussion needed).

And then we have left out Burke - been playing pretty well in the 4-5-1; Naismith - see Burke; Cousin & Boyd - natural strikers as opposed to McCulloch

Seems to me that WS wanted to squeeze players into his preferred 4-5-1 formation when, with the personnel we have, it was screaming out for a 4-4-2.

Playing 1 up front normally only works when they get the support from swift breaks - who aside from Novo and Fergie will provide that ? Hemdani usually gets a nosebleed over half-way and Adam is slower than even Pete (and Pete is 96 years old !).

The formation makes sense in that we have used it all year but that is negated with the personnel we have. 4-4-2 would make so much more sense, to this bear at least !

Anyone nervous about the game? I'm not at all simply because I'm expecting a dour, boring horrible to watch game.

Just been on the news that Pana have only conceded 7 goals in 20 games which gives us more cause for concern given the team WS is putting out tonight.