at home i think we could be a match for anyone. its away from home that we seriously struggle.

and in particular i'm looking at the georgia away game that could ultimately be a crucial game. Need to pick up maximum points against the lesser teams in the group (georgia are no mugs btw).

We have a chance, albeit not a big one, against the Ukraine, but Italy and France!?? Given the players that will be retiring from the French team you could argue that we could catch them a bit cold but cant see us getting any change from the Italians.

I think the best we can hope for is 3rd. Would there be the possibility of qualifying from 3rd? Was there not a place in Euro 2002 for the best 3rd place teams?

Pessimistic buggers, the lot of you. France's best players are going to be gone - Thuram, Makelele, Zidane and possibly Viera. they weren't going to qualify from a group with Israel and the Rep of Ireland until that lot came out of retirement. They beat Portugal to get to the final and I reckon we could put together a team on here that could beat portugal 1-0. I'm not saying it's an easy 6 points but we should be aiming for 4 at least. As for the ukraine they have a cracking striker but no-one with the ability to get the ball to him if up against a competent defence, which is one thing Walter will make sure we have. And the Italians that are in the Final are the same italians we very nearly beat at home and the same Italians who needed 2 free kicks to beat us in Milan. I'm looking for 12 points from 18 in those 6 games. We've got the nucleus of a better than decent young squad.

Gordon

Webster Pressly Anderson

McNaughton Naysmith

Fletcher Ferguson Quashie

Hartley

Boyd

Subs

Riordan

Maloney

Miller

Burke

O'Connor

Bring it on!!!

France v Italy in the final and of course Ukraine too in our group. It really doesn't bode well for us in the qualifying does it ?

:sigh:

NOPE:flipa:

going out, going out, going out!!!

no scots in europe, there`ll be NO scots in europe:p

NOPE:flipa:

going out, going out, going out!!!

no scots in europe, there`ll be NO scots in europe:p

Ummm, not to burst your bubble but we WILL be in Europe during the qualifying games..... :sigh: :yawn:

I am sure that the Scots fans will get the chance to sing the same to the English during Euro 2008 too, it is the norm you know !!

But..... no doubt there will be a scapegoat made to cover their own failings.... AGAIN !

Pessimistic buggers, the lot of you. France's best players are going to be gone - Thuram, Makelele, Zidane and possibly Viera. they weren't going to qualify from a group with Israel and the Rep of Ireland until that lot came out of retirement. They beat Portugal to get to the final and I reckon we could put together a team on here that could beat portugal 1-0. I'm not saying it's an easy 6 points but we should be aiming for 4 at least. As for the ukraine they have a cracking striker but no-one with the ability to get the ball to him if up against a competent defence, which is one thing Walter will make sure we have. And the Italians that are in the Final are the same italians we very nearly beat at home and the same Italians who needed 2 free kicks to beat us in Milan. I'm looking for 12 points from 18 in those 6 games. We've got the nucleus of a better than decent young squad.

Gordon

Webster Pressly Anderson

McNaughton Naysmith

Fletcher Ferguson Quashie

Hartley

Boyd

Subs

Riordan

Maloney

Miller

Burke

O'Connor

Bring it on!!!

Agreed Juffery, with Vogts away and Smith, Burns and McCoist in charge i fancy us to win the big games at Hampden.

As for away from home we need repeats of the last trips to Italy and Norway where we were superb.

France and Italy are going to take points off each other and Ukraine arent anything special they are just "tough".

We need to hit the ground running.

You can add McFadden to our team aswell.

Remember how crap France were at the beginning of WC06. They were nothing special and havent been since they won the WC. The only team we have to worry about IMO is Italy, But i was over there last time we played and they werent that good either. 2 free kicks to beat us.

And anyway last time we played the WC Holders immediately after they won the WC we gubbed them on their own Pitch!!!:flipa: :flipa: :thup:

I think Scotland will struggle in what is a very hard qualifying group. I hope WS takes the chance to establish young players like Stevie Smith, Burke and Boyd into the team with a view to qualifying for the next world cup. I would be great to qualify for the Euro's but I'd like to see us concentrate on the WC and do all we can to ensure we qualify for that.

Cammy F