So, it's nearly over, just a couple of games to go. And in my opinion, it really hasn't lived up to the hype. For every Germany v Italy there seemed to be three Switzerland v Togo games.

And as for the top players in the world, not a single one of Henry, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney or Shevchenko set the heather on fire. There have been some good preformances - Riquelme looked pretty decent at the start but in games against better quality opposition (Mexico and Germany) didn't seem able to take a game by the scruff, Zidane was absolutely immense against Brazil but that's been pretty much it from him, although I'm crossing my fingers for Sunday.

Unfortunately, it seems that the whole tournament has been marred by negative tactics - Portugal, Italy, France, England and even the mighty Brazil all playing their quarter finals with a lone striker! The consistently best performances this time round have come from full/wing backs - Zambrotta, Grosso, Cole, Miguel, Sagnol. And the tournaments outstanding player has been Fabio Cannavaro, a central defender.

Well, here's hoping that Sunday's game makes up for Portugals dirty tricks, Englands boring negativity, Peckerman's bizarre substitions that ruined their chances and some truly terrible refereeing decisions.

Mon the Italia!!!!!!!!

So, it's nearly over, just a couple of games to go. And in my opinion, it really hasn't lived up to the hype. For every Germany v Italy there seemed to be three Switzerland v Togo games.

And as for the top players in the world, not a single one of Henry, Ronaldinho, Cristiano Ronaldo, Rooney or Shevchenko set the heather on fire. There have been some good preformances - Riquelme looked pretty decent at the start but in games against better quality opposition (Mexico and Germany) didn't seem able to take a game by the scruff, Zidane was absolutely immense against Brazil but that's been pretty much it from him, although I'm crossing my fingers for Sunday.

Unfortunately, it seems that the whole tournament has been marred by negative tactics - Portugal, Italy, France, England and even the mighty Brazil all playing their quarter finals with a lone striker! The consistently best performances this time round have come from full/wing backs - Zambrotta, Grosso, Cole, Miguel, Sagnol. And the tournaments outstanding player has been Fabio Cannavaro, a central defender.

Well, here's hoping that Sunday's game makes up for Portugals dirty tricks, Englands boring negativity, Peckerman's bizarre substitions that ruined their chances and some truly terrible refereeing decisions.

Mon the Italia!!!!!!!!

Yeah agree with all that Juff and no more so than Cannavaro being player of the tournament.

When teams like Togo, Japan etc are in a tournament we're never going to get classics, its only when the big boys come up against each other its good. Thats why ive always thought the Euro's are better than the WC.

I honestly dont mind who wins so will just enjoy the final. I quite like the Italians but would also like to see Zidane go out on a high.

I wonder what the odds are for him receiving a red card in the final!!!