RST Praises Rangers Support

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php

The RST would like to express its pride in the Rangers Support. Despite a run of games which have not been on the season ticket, Ibrox was again full for a match which was live on terrestrial television. Indeed, last night Ibrox hosted the largest crowd in European competition.

Rangers also continue to have the biggest and most vociferous away support in Scotland, and our fans are without a doubt the biggest financial benefactors to the game in this country.

While other supports may seek praise and indulge in love fests with just about everyone they play, the Rangers support endures press hostility and poor treatment to follow follow their team. The RST salutes them, and we are proud to sit alongside them. We truly are the People

:)

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php

The RST would like to express its pride in the Rangers Support. Despite a run of games which have not been on the season ticket, Ibrox was again full for a match which was live on terrestrial television. Indeed, last night Ibrox hosted the largest crowd in European competition.

Rangers also continue to have the biggest and most vociferous away support in Scotland, and our fans are without a doubt the biggest financial benefactors to the game in this country.

While other supports may seek praise and indulge in love fests with just about everyone they play, the Rangers support endures press hostility and poor treatment to follow follow their team. The RST salutes them, and we are proud to sit alongside them. We truly are the People

:)

Oooh, that will cut right to the bone with Timmothy :)

Again, another subtle dig at Timmy.

The only worry I have with the recent subtleties though Frankie is that if the RST carries on with them then there is the potential for the RST to be tarnished as being nothing more than anti-Celtic and only there just to have a go at the Tims.

There is a fine balance to be struck here and I would prefer that the RST sticks to pro-Rangers comments and leave the anti-Celtic stuff alone.

Again, the more we keep our own house in order the less we should be concerning ourselves with them.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the subtle insinuations but if they become the norm the Trust runs the risk of being tarred which is not what it should be aiming to do.

craig:

I can see your point actually but in some ways the rules for this kind of coverage have already been made. Yes, in an ideal world, it would be great to concentrate on Rangers only (in a positive sense) but that can mean statements are bland and won't be picked up by the media.

Fact is - even if the media do run with it (unlikely given the positive RFC nature of the message) the would edit out the negative stuff anyway. Moreover, many elements in the media have already made up their minds on what we're about so a subtle dig won't change their contempt.

It's all part of the game and why shouldn't we take the moral high ground given the opportunity. No-one else lets us.

I think there is merit to what Craig is saying but the main thrust of the article is stating positive things about the Rangers support with a minor dig at our greatest rivals. I thought it was well written I have to say.