Your completely missing the point Gav (and Craig whos is now ignoring). I may criticise Wenger for always blaming someone else.

The point in this thread are the comments with regard the tackle/sending off yesterday.

Gav, you have already said the tackle was not protective. Wenger did. What does that say to you? To me he is defending a player wrongly who he has already said warranted a red card for said tackle.

And I thought I was blinkered in my views.....nothing like you Gonners eh !

Umm, Craig wasnt ignoring, Craig was out for dinner.

YOUR point in the thread is the tackle/sending off - MY point is that he is no different to ANY other manager in that he will not openly criticise his players in public - if he did I would actually think less of him. Makes sense not to affect team morale and keep it in house (and I bet you that WS does the same).

Did Wenger see the tackle on replay before making that comment Jon 0 you originally said you don't know - makes a world of difference if he did. If he said it was protective AFTER seeing it again then that is different than if he is basing his opinion on only seeing it in real-time. As I have said before, I cant comment on the tackle itself because I havent seen it.

I dont think we are being blinkered at all - Gav has not defended his description of the tackle. We are simply saying he is no different to the vast majority of other managers. It would appear that you are more blinkered in your dislike of Wenger and Arsenal.

I am just glad Arsenal will pump Liverpool oot the CL next month to shut you up :fish:

Umm, Craig wasnt ignoring, Craig was out for dinner.

YOUR point in the thread is the tackle/sending off - MY point is that he is no different to ANY other manager in that he will not openly criticise his players in public - if he did I would actually think less of him. Makes sense not to affect team morale and keep it in house (and I bet you that WS does the same).

Did Wenger see the tackle on replay before making that comment Jon 0 you originally said you don't know - makes a world of difference if he did. If he said it was protective AFTER seeing it again then that is different than if he is basing his opinion on only seeing it in real-time. As I have said before, I cant comment on the tackle itself because I havent seen it.

I dont think we are being blinkered at all - Gav has not defended his description of the tackle. We are simply saying he is no different to the vast majority of other managers. It would appear that you are more blinkered in your dislike of Wenger and Arsenal.

I am just glad Arsenal will pump Liverpool oot the CL next month to shut you up :fish:

Agreed it was not a protective tackle!!! I dont believe any tackle with the player lunging in with 1 foor raised and stud showing is defensiv e, but hey, maybe you have different rules in Bermuda Craig.....

Agreed it was not a protective tackle!!! I dont believe any tackle with the player lunging in with 1 foor raised and stud showing is defensiv e, but hey, maybe you have different rules in Bermuda Craig.....

Nope, same rules... but then I havent ONCE spoken of Wenger's defence of the tackle - read my posts and you will see that - I CAN'T comment on his defence of the tackle because I havent seen it !

I think your missing the point Jon.

Wenger does come out and defend his players but I think its all part of the mind games. Im sure behind the scenes he will tell the player off if need be. But he is totally correct to piss the media off and wind the other managers up by defending his players and saying he didnt see it.

It think its a good tactic.

Bollocks Gribz. It's you thats missing the point. Was the tackle protective or not? The answer (to most) is obvious. Whats the point in saying that when absolutely wrong when he wanted Taylor banned from the game for life for a similar tackle?

Explain how I'm missing the point please....

Bollocks Gribz. It's you thats missing the point. Was the tackle protective or not? The answer (to most) is obvious. Whats the point in saying that when absolutely wrong when he wanted Taylor banned from the game for life for a similar tackle?

Garbage!! Whether it was or not is different to who Wengers tells that to. The question is about Wenger defending players to the media. As i said he will defend his players but rightly so. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes at Arsenal and what Wengers real thoughts are.

Garbage!! Whether it was or not is different to who Wengers tells that to. The question is about Wenger defending players to the media. As i said he will defend his players but rightly so. None of us know what goes on behind the scenes at Arsenal and what Wengers real thoughts are.

In a nutshell!!

After every Arsenal game Arsenal send me a match report which basically is Wengers view on the match. This is what he had to say about Diabys tackle:

As for Diaby's sending off, I was not upset with the decision but I felt it was more of a protective tackle. But he was too high so I don't complain.

I don't get what he means by protective but he more or less agrees with the refs decision.

Again you are being selective with what you post Jon. How about going on to say that the day AFTER the game Wenger came out and said he was rash with his "ban him for life" comment and that he had said this the day before due to the raw emotion of seeing his players leg basically snap in two.

If you are going to post one side of an interview I think you should be balanced enough as to give him credit for retracting that comment afterwards, when he had calmed down.

You hit the nail on the head Gribz - any manager worth their salt will NEVER criticise their own players in public, it isn't good for morale - but the chances are that Diaby loses wages over his tackle (I still havent seen it).

As I havent seen the tackle I am surmising here - but could by "protective" Wenger mean that Diaby feared that either he or the other player were going to get hurt so he was making sure it wasn't him ? For Jon.... I am GUESSING with this as I havent seen the tackle.