Who will be relegated

Who will be relegated  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be relegated

• Bolton
    • Birmingham
    • Wigan
    • Reading

Why wouldn't you want Mcleish relegated? He was a terrible manager and used the National job as a springboard for his career.

is that a joke

i wouldn't say he was a terrible manager. ok he wasn't a brilliant manager but he did do a good job for us but couldn't take us any further and did WS not leave the national job for rangers

Why wouldn't you want Mcleish relegated? He was a terrible manager and used the National job as a springboard for his career.

That is probably the most stupid statement I have seen you come out with Juff.

So.... because he wasn't what you wanted or expected in your Rangers manager you wish nothing but ill on him in whatever job he takes thereafter ?

As Fraser said, whether we played great OR shit football under big Eck the simple fact is he was what our club needed at that point - and he went and won 7 trophies whilst having financial handcuffs on, winning more trophies than his counterpart at Parkhead who is still revered by that lot.

And even if he did use the Scotland job as a springboard - what is that to do with anything ? WS did the EXACT same thing so you hope that WS doesnt have any success because he used the National team job to further his career ?

Every manager uses every job they are in to try to further their career, they wouldn't be ambitious otherwise.

I didn't say I wanted McLeish relegated. I don't wish him ill at all - however I don't wish him any success. To be honest I'm actually fairly ambivalent towards him.

He was a very poor manager - his signings were nothing short of abysmal - Fanfan, Ostenstad, Capucho etc.

His tactics, team selections, use of substitutes and insistance on playing players out of position was naive to be nice and farcical to be brutally honest.

As for the Scotland job, Smith wouldn't have left for any other team than Rangers - McLeish would have left for any team willing to pay him the wage he wanted. But, at the same time, I was unhappy when Walter left Scotland halfway through a qualifying campaign and said so on this forum.

McLeish's poor management was shown in the last 2 group games against Georgia and Italy. He grossly underestimated Georgia and his reluctance to attack Italy by using his options on the bench when we were desparate for a goal was baffling.

He was a very poor manager - his signings were nothing short of abysmal - Fanfan, Ostenstad, Capucho etc.

As for the Scotland job, Smith wouldn't have left for any other team than Rangers - McLeish would have left for any team willing to pay him the wage he wanted. But, at the same time, I was unhappy when Walter left Scotland halfway through a qualifying campaign and said so on this forum.

McLeish's poor management was shown in the last 2 group games against Georgia and Italy. He grossly underestimated Georgia and his reluctance to attack Italy by using his options on the bench when we were desparate for a goal was baffling.

1. Prso, Boumsong ? Didn't do too badly with them did he ?

2. Everyone KNEW that McLeish wanted to work in the EPL long before he took the Scotland job so why all the annoyance when one came up ? Why should he show loyalty to the job when he never hid his wish to work in the EPL ?

3. I don't think he did underestimate Georgia, they simply were better than us on the night - and they had given us a tough run at Hampden too - just because you dont win doesnt mean you underestimate a team. Georgia arent a bad team and we are by no means world beaters. Regarding Italy there is no saying that we needed to win that game, a draw forced France into needing a result, which was not a foregone conclusion - hindsight is a wonderful thing to have a go at him but had we secured the draw against Italy and France then lost he wouldn't have got nearly as much stick for playing out a draw.

I think as a support we are far too harsh on Eck given the restraints he worked under. And under those restraints he 1) gave us plenty of trophies and 2) generated net INCOME from transfers which is something our club badly needed at the time.

1. Prso, Boumsong ? Didn't do too badly with them did he ?

Two from how many? We got 6 months from Boumsong and for every Prso there were 3 Fillipo Manieros.

2. Everyone KNEW that McLeish wanted to work in the EPL long before he took the Scotland job so why all the annoyance when one came up ? Why should he show loyalty to the job when he never hid his wish to work in the EPL ?

7 months is ripping the piss a bit though. If he wanted an EPL job, why not wait for one to come up?

3. I don't think he did underestimate Georgia, they simply were better than us on the night - and they had given us a tough run at Hampden too - just because you dont win doesnt mean you underestimate a team. Georgia arent a bad team and we are by no means world beaters. Regarding Italy there is no saying that we needed to win that game, a draw forced France into needing a result, which was not a foregone conclusion - hindsight is a wonderful thing to have a go at him but had we secured the draw against Italy and France then lost he wouldn't have got nearly as much stick for playing out a draw.

He fell into the mind game trap with the media talking about the 'kids' they were playing and thought we could go over there, attack, and stroll the game.

As for the Italy game, for thelast half hour everyone around me at the game could see we needed some fire-power and eck sat there hoping someone else was going to do the job for us - unfortunately Scott McDonald wasn't about!

I

think as a support we are far too harsh on Eck given the restraints he worked under. And under those restraints he 1) gave us plenty of trophies and 2) generated net INCOME from transfers which is something our club badly needed at the time.

He won some trophies, he also gave us some truly horrendous times. Remember his 'sparkling' start to his final season? His inability to put out a team to compete with Celtic?

I never wanted him as manager and nothing he did in his time has changed my mind. He isn't remembered fondly by Motherwell or Hibs fans I know and I don't think Birmingham fans will be any different come the end of his tenure there.

I kinda lean towards Juff's arguments here. I dont wish McLeish relegation but dont wish him success also - simply because Ive no interest in Birmingham. I will take interest of his transfers this summer and tactical awareness though to see what he does.

He did make a slight mockery of the Scotland job though, he made it look like a 2nd rate job and that the Premier League was more important than your own country. He jumped at the first Prem job that came his way when I thought he could have waited until the end of the campaign, he would still have got a EPL job.

You cant fully compare Smith leaving the Scotland job for Rangers, plus Smith was in the National job for a few years and did an amazing job turning us round. From a Scotland point of view I was upset WS left, but from a Gers point of view I was happy.