A quote from Colleu

"There must be respect between the staff and the players. Success and discipline are the rules of football."

This is something i feel has been lacking at Ibrox since DA left. Respect the rules given to you and you will get respect in return.

This is something i feel has been lacking at Ibrox since DA left. Respect the rules given to you and you will get respect in return.

TBH he is stating the obvious that we all knew, McLeish and Watson had little respect from the players with his baffling rules for one and different rules for others.

TBH he is stating the obvious that we all knew, McLeish and Watson had little respect from the players with his baffling rules for one and different rules for others.

Exactly, thats what makes me happy about reading things like this.

Eck didnt get as much respect as he should have demanded in some of his players. Im not saying its his fault, its a two-way street.... im just glad the players now know whats expected of them.

:thup:

Eck won his first 5 trophies on the back of being more laid back with the players after DA.

I think it shows that there is a fine line between disipline and draconianism. DA went too far, Eck went too far the other way, PLG could be the baby bear who is just right.

DA went too far, Eck went too far the other way, PLG could be the baby bear who is just right.

Spot on, and to add id say WS had a great blend. All the 9IAR team respected Walter very highly and never got on the wrong side of him, although he did let them do there own thing, but with the type of guys they had in the team then id say it had to be that way.

Yip we need to be somewhere between DA (who was a bit too aloof from the players) and Eck (who was too lenient).

Discipline on and off the park is imperative if you want to be successful. If you don't have it then thankfully the new regime won't stand for it. Just as Ricksen and McCormack.