The Evening Times has looking at the Lyon right back Anthony Reveillere. PLG signed him for both Rennes and Lyon.

Cammy F

I remember us being linked with him a while ago. Not seen any of the guy but PLG must like him if he's signed him twice.

Doesn't surprise me to hear rumours of a Right Back. Hutton has a lot of promise but is young and is inconsistent - now that Ricksen appears to be on his way it's definitely an area that needs strengthened.

I agree that right back needs to be strengthed ASAP as Alan Hutton looks like he is closer to being the next Mo Ross than he is to being the next Sandy Jardine.

Ricksen can't play at right back - he lacks the concentration, he lacks the comitment in tackling and hopefully he is on his way out of Ibrox.

However, the need for a right back *may* mean that we have less money to purchase a centre-half, left sided midfiled player and the much touted striker.

Expect further bosmans and or loan deals....

Cammy F

How good is Lowing at RB? Ive never seen him play? Although id take a new experienced RB as Hutton had a dip in the latter stages of last season after showing a lot of potential.

How good is Lowing at RB? Ive never seen him play?

Very raw, but from what I witnessed last season, maybe a better bet than Hutton (unless he screws the head, stops his big-time charlie routine and buckles down and learns from the coaching staff).

Hutton is rated very highly but slipped on the rails last season after coming back from a nasty injury. Could be another one to slip thro the net.

Cammy F

A new right back now that Ricksen is pretty much out is a certainty. Even with him still in, we needed that position strengthened as Lowing's too young and raw, Hutton's too mediocre, and Ricksen's Ricksen.

This Lyon guy is actually a good player; I know him by reputation. I'd be very happy if we signed him.

Very raw, but from what I witnessed last season, maybe a better bet than Hutton (unless he screws the head, stops his big-time charlie routine and buckles down and learns from the coaching staff).

Hutton is rated very highly but slipped on the rails last season after coming back from a nasty injury. Could be another one to slip thro the net.

Cammy F

I maybe thought he (lowning) was in a similar boat to Smith but Smith has burst onto the scene and improved and was No.1 choice at LB towards the end of last season.

Maybe Huttons leg break had something to do with his form but it could also be down to the lack of motivation at Ibrox last season, and thats not a dig at the McLeish era. Maybe PLG can push him on....

Im hopeful that Hutton will pull up his socks and become a better player, it might have been a question of fitness after the leg break that saw him go off track a bit but with a good pre-season under the new regime he can improve.

Himself and Burke work great together on the right and that could be a key partnership in the future.

Ricksen should never have been allowed back into the RB position once he had played in midfield, he just never ever looked comfortable there.

I must admit ive never heard of this guy but as PLG seems to be taking players in he already knows im going to trust in his judgement.