SCOTLAND striker Garry O'Connor's agent last night poured cold water over reports the player has held preliminary talks with Rangers with a view to moving to Ibrox this summer.

An Edinburgh radio station said the former Hibs marksman had spoken with Rangers, however, Rudi Vata, who represents O'Connor, has denied such discussions have taken place.

Birmingham are understood to be due Lokomotiv Moscow, O'Connor's former

club, �£1.35million of the �£2.7million fee agreed last summer.

Vata said: "No, I am not aware of anything regarding Rangers – that's news to me.

"Garry is still at Birmingham City.

It remains to be seen what will happen this summer.

Part of the fee is still due to Lokomotiv Moscow and I don't know how that will happen.

"Everything needs to be sorted out at Birmingham City first before we can even start to look at other clubs."

This wouldn't surprise me especially if the Brummers go down.

He's got too much of an attitude problem. Decent talent, and I admit to wanting him ahead of Kris Boyd at the time, but I think we got the right one. If we're gonna take anyone from Birmingham, make it McFadden.

Would you want him?

Attitude problem, not even going to look for his goals to game ratio cos I know there will be no comparison to Boyd.

We, at the moment, still have Cousin, JCD, Boyd, Novo, Naismith and a couple of kids, maybe a few others who can play up front.

If we do take a striker in, we need to lose some (Cousin, Buffel possibilities yes) but surely we need to be looking for better players than O'Conner. He's Scottish, an I love the roots we have got back in our team. I'd still say no though.

Looks like JCD will stay which if he stays fit will be a good thing, hopefully Boyd, Nacho's here, Still have Novo as an option, Buffel likely to go.

I agree it needs to be a bigger more prollific name, I just don't know if we can attract them (despite wat happens the remainder of the season) with the money other leagues can throw at those said players.

Agree Juff, I'd take Boyd over O'Conner every single time. Dont think its feesable if Birmingham still owe money on him anyway
If we pay them 1.5 million they can pay off the debt and hold a bit of cash over.Everything above clears what they have paid already.

I thought we might have signed him when we went for Thompson instead. I felt O'Connor was the better prospect. However his attitude has stunk over the past couple of years, and I can't see us being interested now.