He also seems to have played five or six games this season, which would seem to put paid to the fact we could only play him four more times before incurring a further fee. So what's the deal on this?

Apparently it's only league games that count, so he can play in cup games without us paying anything.

With all due respect to many of the posters on here, what were you thinking about the line-up?

It seemed totally obvious to me, but I was dumbfounded by people expecting changes in formation and bringing the likes of Buffel in to start.

It totally makes a mockery of any criticism of Walter Smith whose greatest attribute in my eyes, is that he doesn't pick a team on a whim - or indulge a player in a "chance".

Walter obviously plays snooker instead of pool and if you gave him a game of the latter you may go for it pot a few balls but he'd get you with snookers and then clear up with deliberate, precision positioning.

He's the manager I now most admire, as he seems to know what he's doing and sticks with the plan, instead of trying to pull rabbits out of hats.

PS I kept an eye on Buffel when he came on, and he seemed mostly to jog about with the ball just passing him by. I think he committed more fouls than he had touches.

We looked far better with Novo on the right and Davis in the middle. However, with Barry and Thommo back for the next game, I can't see him getting on again.

He also seems to have played five or six games this season, which would seem to put paid to the fact we could only play him four more times before incurring a further fee. So what's the deal on this?

In my defence Walter started the game with the team I predicted man for man, position for position. He ended it with 10 of the 11 players I said I would start with, with just Broadfoot remaining on instead of Novo. I think I called it pretty well. :devil:

In my defence Walter started the game with the team I predicted man for man, position for position. He ended it with 10 of the 11 players I said I would start with, with just Broadfoot remaining on instead of Novo. I think I called it pretty well. :devil:

Walter must go, Walter must go!

Bring in Gersnet 2nd finest, Super Ally! :fish: