GOT TICKETS....still worried.....

Didnt check passports in Florence like they said they would, would simply take too much time. However, i definately wouldn't buy tickets from ebay or any other touts, its an effin joke.

Dont mean to be nasty but i got mine through ticking European box at start of the season with season ticket....only way of almost guaranteeing u one mate.

Didnt check passports in Florence like they said they would, would simply take too much time. However, i definately wouldn't buy tickets from ebay or any other touts, its an effin joke.

Dont mean to be nasty but i got mine through ticking European box at start of the season with season ticket....only way of almost guaranteeing u one mate.

But if you hadn't ticked it, what would you do?

Guest BTBBilly

I ticked everything last season and have done for a number of years now. Yet still no ticket, which is fair enough as there are thousands of other bears int he same boat. However (Rant time)............

Some of these T*ats that have paid over the odds for tickets won in the ballot in march have never been to Ibrox yet alone know where it is. It is winding me up as the real fans are suffering from Uefa's ludicrious descision to ballot 13 thousand to the average punter. They tell us to stay away from ticket touts yet there stupidness is allowing this to happen.

For me UEFA should have took there 7000 for sponsors (F*ck knows why they need that much), and split 37000 between the finalists then if there are any left they could ballot the rest.

Seems logical to me........... Any thoughts?? lol

Personally i think the deployment of the ground should be made once the finalists are known. Manu-chelsea in Moscow just seems silly to me. The airlines are laughing their heads off. Rangers in Manchester in a park that only holds 48.000 while Wembley or Old Trafford are lying empty.I understand that it will not be fair to always have it at the same grounds but a certain degree of flexibility would be better. Yes they may need a few more weeks to organise it but it would give supporters a better deal.

Guest BTBBilly

Correct Pete, these things can (In my opinion) be decided at the semi finals stage. Like The CL this season, 3 english sides and a huge Spanish side. A bigger ground and central location could have decided.

For the Uefa cup they could identify a country/countries to hold the final at the start. Then as the semis come make up a short list of 3 or 4 grounds. Then depending on the finalists take it from there.

I know some countries only have 1 ground in the Uefa rating stadiums but surely there is another way to go about this.

Deciding thr ground after the finalists are known is a logistical nightmare and virtually impossible without scheduling the ties differently.

Look at this year - we qualified on May 1 for a final to be held on May 14 - less than two weeks - and you expect they could make all the necessary arrangements for a final in the space of two weeks ? Impossible.

Deciding thr ground after the finalists are known is a logistical nightmare and virtually impossible without scheduling the ties differently.

Look at this year - we qualified on May 1 for a final to be held on May 14 - less than two weeks - and you expect they could make all the necessary arrangements for a final in the space of two weeks ? Impossible.

That is why i said they would need a bit more time Craig. Surely if the tie was at the end of May 3 or 4 weeks is plenty of time. They can rearrange an old firm game in two weeks and look at the policing that takes. They could even have a short-list that could have essentials in place before the time.

That is why i said they would need a bit more time Craig. Surely if the tie was at the end of May 3 or 4 weeks is plenty of time. They can rearrange an old firm game in two weeks and look at the policing that takes. They could even have a short-list that could have essentials in place before the time.

Possibly but the problem they would have, this year at least, is that Euro 2008 starts on June 7 - that would only leave the national sides with their players for one week prior to the Euros beginning and if the CL and UEFA are to be separated by a week then the finals of one of those competitions would be right on top of the opening ceremony for Euro 08.

There are also issues of seasons having been ended for a month or more for the finals (although I guess this happens anyway with the scandinavian seasons etc).

There is certainly a better way of handling these things and the number of tickets given to UEFA sponsors and member bodies, clubs, associations etc is nothing short of scandalous. They should be in the minority but they end up with the majority of tickets, effectively locking out the supporters of BOTH clubs in the final.