It's Squeaky Bum Time - Weekly Rants

Standing On The Edge Of Greatness

If like me, you are too young to remember that fabulous night in Barcalona, then you’ll be entering un-chartered waters as our date with destiny hurtles towards us.

It is ironic that our foe for the evening will have a couple of familiar faces within its ranks. Dick Advocaat and Fernando Ricksen, whilst not being Rangers heroes do have and deserve places in our rich history and in some of our hearts. It is also ironic that some people, even Rangers fans are claiming that this is one of the worst Rangers teams since that historic evening in Barcelona. Like me, you’ll have watched ‘better fancies’ Rangers teams torn apart on the European stage (by very decent opposition at times, but lets be honest, more often than not, by some pretty average teams). This Rangers team / squad are different. They have resilience in abundance, they have undoubted team spirit, they have a will to win, they have heart and courage and lets not forget, the have some skill as well.

We have defeated some very decent teams during this European adventure, the highlight for me was watching us dismantle Lyon in their own back-yard. This was closely followed by our outstanding 2-0 victory in Lisbon (the home of the real Lisbon Lions). Admittedly we have at times been very ‘frustrating’ to watch but it is undeniable that we are very, very hard to defeat on the European stage. This has been highlighted by the fact that we had a very decent showing in the CL Group of Death and by the fact that we are 90 minutes (or 120 + penalties) from writing a whole new chapter into our already rich and illustrious history.

These players (and management staff) stand on the edge of greatness – they are so close to creating history, so close to writing themselves into folklore, so close to be know as the ‘invincibles’. They have a huge amount of work ahead of them, they have a huge amount of ‘blood, sweat and tears’ ahead of them, they have a huge amount of personal and physical sacrifice ahead of them – however, it’ll all be worth it. 18 months ago, a quadruple would have been unthinkable, even a domestic trophy seemed a long, long, long way away. Tonight, we, THE RANGERS are one step closer, we are nearing the finishing line and we can see the glittering prizes. It is now up to the players to go that extra yard – come on Rangers – we can’t do it can we? We won’t do it, will we?

As you know, I’ the above was penned before Sunday’s uninspiring (and rather worrying) draw / performance at Easter Road and before the ludicrous SPL decision to force us to play 2 huge SPL games before playing Zenit in Manchester. That is not even considering the titanic schedule we have AFTER the UEFA Cup Final. However, the sentiments remain and are worth reiterating.

This gruelling schedule belittles or game and the SPHELL have shown themselves to be nothing more than Liewells bitches. The word that Liewell and the SPHELL keep referring to is ‘integrity’ – neither knows the true meaning of the word. Let’s remember that Cynical FC used the unfortunate, untimely and tragic death of Phil O’Donnell to have the New Year’s Old Firm game postponed – for no other reason than injuries and suspensions. These ambulance chasers have no shame but most of all, have no integrity. As for the SPHELL, well, what can you say about these freeloading, good for nothing bastards? They’ll happily take their free tickers and junkets to Manchester whilst laughing and sniggering at our fixture pile-up.

There is little or nothing we can do about this situation but I would love it (I know I am about to sound like Kevin Keegan here and we all now what happened after is ‘I would love it rant) that if (when!) we win this SPL title that we decided not to have a celebration or presentation. I would love it if we were to go to Aberdeen with the title already won and I would send up our under 16 team. As for next season, no matter the outcome of the SPL title, the UEFA Cup final or the Scottish Cup Final, if I were Rangers, I would refuse tickets to ALL domestic away games next season. Let’s see how the SPL, SFA and League would cope without the 10’s of thousands of Rangers fans who travel to all corners of this country cheering on The Rangers. Remember folks, they need us more than we’ll ever need them.

No matter what happens, one thing is for sure, the SPHELL have, at a time whilst we should be basking in the glory of a Scottish club getting to a UEFA Cup Final, reduced our football to the laughing stock of Europe. Well done.

Manchester Here We Come

So back to some positives and I still can’t believe that The Rangers have secured a place in the UEFA Cup Final. After so long in the European backwaters, here we are one game away from securing our second European trophy. I am not a superstitious person, but if you like your omens, then we are halfway there.

Make no mistake, Dick Advocaat has assemble a very decent outfit at Zenit and they have had all the help they could have asked for in their perpetrations for the UEFA Cup Final. Whilst we can’t get one SPL match postponed, they have had 3 games rearranged to allow sufficient time to prepare.

I sincerely hope (and I know its impossible) that everyone gets sorted for a ticket as all our support deserves the opportunity of witnessing what is potentially one of the greatest nights of our glittering history.

As ITV4 stated – Brace yourself Manchester, Rangers are coming……

Isn’t it ironic that you have to watch ITV4 to hear some positive things being said regarding our European adventure? Now, its not that the presenters or pundits are ‘Rangers friendly’, in fact, Jim Beglin and Andy Townsend were both ROI internationals, bit both have given us nothing but praise and are more then delighted that we have secured a UEFA Cup Final place. Compare and contrast to the bigoted tossers on STV who make snide comments et al.

Masonic Referees

Now, I am not one for conspiracy theories and I am the first to laugh when Timmy claim that all Scottish referees are Masons and biased against Celtc. You’ll also remember Wee Chesney claiming something similar recently and as usual, the combined Celtc intimidation has worked for them big-time. As well as Chesney, we’ve had Liewell (yip, him again) making his mouth go about certain officials and lets not forget the GFITWÃ?© legendry intimidation of officials.

It is undeniable that in the last 5 SPL games, Celtc have benefited from decisions that have won them games that they were going to lose / draw. Now, when we are beneficiaries of refereeing decisions, the Celtc minded go into overdrive and meltdown (remember the SPL title has been tainted by the stench of cheating) yet, when decisions go for them (hence against us), you don’t hear the same hyper-broil for the unbiased Scottish media. Given the decisions that they have benefited from and the SPHELL doing everything it its power to stop us winning the SPHELL title and UEFA Cup, if journalists wanted an example of any season being tainted by the stench of cheating, it is this season – but guess what, not a peep from them.

Rallying Cry

Right, we all know what is required and we all know that given an even playing field (that is all we ever ask for) that 7 victories in the next 7 games is more than achievable. We all know that we don’t have a level playing field, so that is going to make our task even harder, some may say it’s bam near impossible. However, there is one thing that this squad has continually achieved this season and it is upsetting the odds. We have seven cup finals ahead of us and we need to win the seven games. I know we are entering ‘squeaky bum’, ‘nail-biting’ and ‘stomach churning’ territory here, but let’s get right behind the team and lets cheer them on no matter what happens between now and the end of the season. Hopefully we can turn a promising and exciting season into an unforgettable season.

Congratulations

I understand that as we enter this crucial part of the season that we won't have much time to think of others, but I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Chelsea on getting to the Champions League final and taking the EPL into the last game of the season. I would also like to extended my best wishes to West Brom on gaining automatic promotion back into the EPL

COME ON RANGERS – JUST DO IT – KEEP BELIEVING :rfc:

Cammy F – Support The Dublin Loyal - We Are The People….

Guest BTBBilly

Spot on MR CAMMY but one must wonder if you have any reserves for the fanzine. lol

Your comments about ITV 4 & STV were spot on, its clear that no-one outside Rangers want us to win this.

It is also funny that the Referee who gave Nakamura the free kick against St Mirren travelled with the Celtic team as guest on their Airplane to Barcelona. They say a commentator should be neutral. Let us begin by getting neutral referee's.

Guest BTBBilly

Didnt realsie that was the case with the referee but It would make sense.

Ever since Mr Burns complained about these discissions going against them, the referees have given them alot, for instance

The free kick mentioned by pete - above

Joe Vinegar getting let off with outragous tackle (even the 2 challanges with Diamond - it was clear he had elbowed him twice yet nowt happened).

Players being allowed to raise there hands in the first game at the piggery in april.

Naismith was booked for celebrating novo's goal at the same game, he got booked yet when cuellar pulled off the save of the season, Summerarse ran on the pitch slapping his own arm and imitating showing the red card to cuellar - surely thats a booking, at least.

The chopped off diamond goal.

The offside goal against us

The corner at the weekend.

There are loads more but quite often than not these are descisions that have helped Ceptic grab 3 points.

When will this madness stop???? But wait, surely the SPL/SFA will have a look into this.................................... maybe not though eh?????

Quite simply the refereeing has been a joke lately.

Celtic have benefited from it greatly so hopefully we'll hear no more about masonic refs from the hypocrites at the East End.

Great read Cammy! :thup:

As cammy says it is simple

WIN our remaing games and all 4 are ours without the help from others.......

Correct.

As much as we're all annoyed about the congested schedule, we should still have enough to win the league.

Lately we've not been good enough. That has to change starting tomorrow night.

Gordon Strachen made a great statement earlier in the year amongst his normal drivel. If you are angry then you have to run faster, jump higher and fight harder. This is what we have to do. No point in worrying about decisions that have gone in the past. The ball is still in our court we just have to keep hitting winners.

Great read Cammy, and spot on about the SPL, id love us to not show up to any celebration and then refuse Away tickets next season. They really need to be brought back down to earth.