Violence In Manchester

Guest True Mancunian

. I do, was just bit miffed at being called an imposter,

Apologies mate - i take back the accusation. It was just the comment about us not being welcome that made me suspicious. I've just been hearing all sorts of nonsense from Celtic fans since last night about how their own fans are angels and we are scum. How their fans behave so well wherever they go but ours arent welcome anywhere . Sickens me.

I heard that story from another mate who was their. The actions of some of the Police were dispicable but that does not excuse the actions of some of our 'fans'.

We will not see European shores next year

Of course we will.

Why are most of your posts negative about Rangers? Hmmm.

we won't get punished. a few hundred fans or so called fans causing bother out of 200,000 after been on the bevy all day and after what happend is not as bad as what some reports are saying IMO. i saw fans with russian tops on throwing bottles at police as well as gers fans when we were coming back from the game. the police didn't help matters and didn't know what to do. they came in a few vans got out and ran into another very strange.

some of the footage i've seen is pretty bad but i wonder how many are supporters who go every week and how many are scottish and rangers fans?

one of our mates who didn't get a ticket said there was bother from liverpool fans who were throwing bottles at gers fans during the game as well....some people just go for bother anyway and there's not much anyone can do to stop them no matter what.

with the amount of people there i was expecting some bother, it's not nice but I think expected.....for me manchester was not prepared neither were the police...

they shut pubs early and stopped all the trains and then hardly had any buses on to replace them for people needing to get out of manchester which i thought they would have wanted. we stood for hours and very luckily got a taxi back to widnes. hundreds were not so lucky, it was a total shambles and it could've caused more trouble....

they shut pubs early and stopped all the trains and then hardly had any buses on to replace them for people needing to get out of manchester which i thought they would have wanted. we stood for hours and very luckily got a taxi back to widnes. hundreds were not so lucky, it was a total shambles and it could've caused more trouble....

The train service was an utter joke! We were at Chorley train station which is a few stops after Blackpool. Anyway, a wee 2 carriage train arrived at the station and it was jam fuckin' packed. A 2 carriage train? Ridiculous! The ext train was an hour later. Fuckin' mental! It was an hourly service into Manchester on a day where about 4 trains an hour should've been on.

We ended up going from Chorley to Bolton on the bus then Bolton to Manchester on another bus. All in all a 25 minute journey took us 2 and a half hours.

The buses were OK but the train service was disgusting!

One strange thing about the footage is that of all the instigators at the front, I can't see many Rangers tops. Now contrast this with the sea of blue white and red you see with all the well behaved fans earlier...

Are these really Rangers fans?

I heard that a team from chelsea went ahead with zenith supporters brfore the match. Also heard quite a few English accents (Scouse and mancs) without any colours on. There were quite a few locals out fighting with police after the match too.I dont think were all to blame here but we must accept some collective responsibilty for the actions of some of our fans.

I will though think twice about going to an event like this without a ticket.