i just looked at an article online. it just shows how biased language that looks for all the world like observation is.

its title is "Policeman tells of lucky escape from Rangers mob". His escape wasn't lucky - one victim of thuggary helped another victim of thuggary to safety. It seems they couldn't bring themself to call the hero of the piece a Rangers fan (he was 'a fan', 'British Army Paramedic' etc) because the power of the piece's premise was based on the actions of an unqualified-for-dramatic-effect "Rangers mob".

Such irresponsible linguistic sleights of hand are unbecoming, to the point of moral bankruptcy, for a paper with the reputation of the guardian's. I thought this all left with Spiersy.its obscene.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/16/uefa.rangers

Its just what the Media want the General publiuc to see and here , i do not deny that there was hooligans and thugs in our colours causing it with the police , but how lucky was the guy i seen getting the life beaten out of him by 3 riot police against a wall after they charged at everyone in sight after turning up in a riot van, i escaped with a blow to the stomach.

These people including myself were standind chatting

The police were heavy handed and beating whoever was in Range of there Batons no matter why you were in the area they were under orders to attack anyone to do with Rangers.

And another non entity.... talking of his shame of being a Glaswegian.... fuck off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/7404511.stm

And what about Gordon Brown? Is he upset because of...damage to Rangers' reputation, Glasgow's reputation, Scotland's reputation? No! He's upset because it might affect - wait for it - ENGLAND'S 2018 WORLD CUP BID!

People who goad the police deserve what they get, if you see a bunch of twats goading the police and your standing right there chatting with mates or whatever, why don't you leave the area? instead of just standing right smack dang in the middle of it.

People who goad the police deserve what they get, if you see a bunch of twats goading the police and your standing right there chatting with mates or whatever, why don't you leave the area? instead of just standing right smack dang in the middle of it.

But just why should those merely standing chatting feel like they HAVE to leave ? Other than for personal safety they shouldn't have to.

But just why should those merely standing chatting feel like they HAVE to leave ? Other than for personal safety they shouldn't have to.

i've been involved in two rammy's and let me tell you something, it's quite scary, why you'd want to stay there while its all kicking of is beyond me:(

i can see your point, why should you move, you've done nothing wrong but in the eyes of batton weildon police your in the wrong.

99 i along with a fellow ger where in germany, one night it all kicked off because some local team got beat, anyways a rammy broke out and we got stuck in the middle of it, we managed to get out and went up a side street only to get caught in it again, still have the scar on the side of my pinky.

also back during 10 in a row, 4 of us went to see the utd away game on the big screens at ibrox, on the way home we got on a bus in town which was full of tims, we didn't know at the time when they started belting out there fav him's, of course one of the guys the back of bus shouted and windows got kicked in, the driver fucked off and locked us in the bus full of tims.