Albert Square Vs Piccadilly Square

Just wanted to know your views on this , not just the screens going down in

Piccadilly , as soon as i arrived in Manchester it was shoulder to shoulder all the way in every direction a sea of red white and blue made me proud to be a Ger , proceeded to Piccadilly Square which was packed like sardines in the soring heat with people out of the game lying in corners was a bit if a state and that was about 14.00

Was a struggle to move in any direction they were packing us in but there was just not enough space ,

was with my pal and we both decided the chances of getting a view of the screens from our position wasnt going to happen so we decided to head for Albert Square took us 40 minutes to reach the other end of piccadilly as we couldnt get throught the way we came in as there were too many people there , Once in Albert Square the atmosphere was great a bit more space to move around , there were beachballs and lilos being thrown around and the dj playing music a genuine good atmosphere so to later on see the viloence that kicked off in piccadilly i was a bit suprised but then found out the screen didnt work

I got caught up in the trouble heading back to the train station a fan had been knocked down by a car and Rangers fans were desperate to help him but the police were having none of it the guy was out cold , then a van full of riot police appeared from nowhere and about 30 - 40 of them assumed formation and just charged at anyone in Blue who happened to be there i got hit in the stomach as i was standing talking to my friend , i saw a guy get beat to a pulp who was talking to his pal with his back to the riot police the boy was about 18 -19

On this street there were a lot of Rangers fans but the crowd was to see if the guy who was out cold after being hit with a car was going to be ok , in my opinion there was absolutly no need for riot police to be there as all the major incedents were in piccadilly

My Girlfriends Boss got smacked in the balls by one of the riot police and this guy is as quite as a mouse.

Apart from the madness that follewed the game i had a really good time in Albert Square like many other fans , was dissapointed at the result but thought the boys played well and was proud of them so overall i wont let a bunch of arsehole and middleaged neds wreck my memories.

:rfc: