Tommy Burns...Rangers tributes.

Guest ricky

A warm welcome Ricky to the Forum :)

Tommy Burns was one of footballs nice guys and a great friend of my hero Ally McCoist and too see Ally carrying the coffin in tears along with Walter it moved me , the bridge between the old firm got a lot smaller as the two sides paid there respects to a football great.

look forward to a bit of banter with you in the future.

I found it pretty moving as well. Respect to Tommy. I was upset by his death and he is a great loss to Scottish Football. It's a shame that the people who were moved by the scenes are the converted. i.e they are the people who already appreciate the fact that we are all the same under our football shirts and that there is no place anymore for sectarian and religious pish at football matches or society in general for that matter. There's nothing wrong with hating Celtic. Hey, I hate Celtic! Hating them for what you percieve them to represent is another matter and I'll leave that to the knuckle draggers on both sides of the divide.

Welcome Ricky.

R.I.P Tommy.

:rfc:

i got home from manchester and switched on the news to see what trouble had been caused as i was lucky enough not to get caught up in it the night before. I was met by the news that Tommy burns had died and it did come as a bit of a shock.

right after that was the news that Rio ferdinand had signed a mega bucks five year deal with manure. I felt disgusted at ferdinand. Tommy burns cane from a time when our top footballers drove cars that werent much better than your dads and never had the opertunity to earn the likes of todays overpaid imposters that infest our game.

one thing was for sure though. Ferdinand can earn all the money he likes but no matter how much money he has he'll never have the class that tommy Burns had. you know when guys like tommy burns are in the room, even when your back is turned to him. He had a presence about him. Something Rio and co can only dream about, its something money cant buy.