That's the point though. The season before last, despite playing 'out of position' for most of the season, amongst all sorts of dressing room unrest and under 2 (very) different managers, BH was easily our most consistent and reliable player.

As for 'best of a bad lot', well just remember we still had players like Hutton and Prso, not to mention others like Ferguson, McGregor, Novo and (dare I say it) Boyd. Hemdani was a stand-out and had it not been for the troubles we had as a team could've been POTY.

Well, with all these players that were so good, why did we finish so far behind Celtic? That was a poor team. Hutton played hafl a season, Ferguson hasn't played well since the treble, Prso really wasn't as good as the praise he gets and Novo is the most hit and miss player I think I've ever seen.

Well, with all these players that were so good, why did we finish so far behind Celtic?

If Walter had been in charge of that same lot for the entire season, I doubt very much that we would have.

Hutton played hafl a season

As was the case with Weir, which is still more than we got from Sebo & Sionko and can still expect to get from the likes of Burke :P

Ferguson hasn't played well since the treble

That's maybe a little bit harsh. I'd agree that he hasn't been as good as we know he can be though.

Prso really wasn't as good as the praise he gets

He was you know :D

Novo is the most hit and miss player I think I've ever seen.

But he's a bluenose and he always gives 110%

As the Auxxere coach said after we had just signed Prso and Novo. 'I can't believe they have 2 foreign strikers who'll run through brick walls for the team'

Quality :thup:

But he's a bluenose and he always gives 110%

What does that have to do with how good a player he is? I'm a bluenose and, given the chance would give my all for Rangers, but as I can't kick a ball in the direction I'm looking, I doubt anyone would be terribly happy with me starting the next old Firm game.

What does that have to do with how good a player he is? I'm a bluenose and, given the chance would give my all for Rangers, but as I can't kick a ball in the direction I'm looking, I doubt anyone would be terribly happy with me starting the next old Firm game.

OK then, let's put it this way...

Nacho Novo Career Stats:

Appearances 219 (+ 72 as sub); Goals 108

If you think you can match that then by all means go and try out for the Gers team. Good Luck ;)

Listen, I'm not trying to put Nacho down, I love the wee guy and he has come up with some really important goals for us, but can you realy deny that he is, as I said, a bit hit and miss? 36 goals in 115 Rangers appearances isn't a fantastic return.

And, at my age i think a trial at Murray Park might just have passed me by.

Listen, I'm not trying to put Nacho down, I love the wee guy and he has come up with some really important goals for us, but can you realy deny that he is, as I said, a bit hit and miss? 36 goals in 115 Rangers appearances isn't a fantastic return.

And, at my age i think a trial at Murray Park might just have passed me by.

The stats I've got say that since his debut for Rangers on the 7th August 2004, Novo has scored 53 goals in 111 appearances (+ 57 subs). That's not too bad for a striker, nevermind the fact that half the time he's been playing on the wing.