Motherwell are keen to hijack Norwich's attempts to land Alan Gow from Rangers but may struggle to finance a deal.

The Canaries were leading the race to sign Gow after agreeing a fee in the region of �£250,000 with the Gers, but all the takeover talk at Carrow Road has halted the deal.

Gow is now back in Glasgow waiting to hear Norwich's next move but there is a danger another club could come in and sign the player if the Canaries continue to dally.

Motherwell can meet Rangers' valuation but will struggle to pay his wages and that means Gow is in limbo as he waits at Ibrox for the next move.

I don't think he will get a game under Smith so it would be better for all if he can get a move.

Having seen the spoils from the sort of money that Motherwell players can rake in, it does kind of put it all into perspective, when you've got someone at our club doing f**k-all and his wages are beyond their budget. Whether we agree with or understand the gaffer's reasons for not playing him, it's about time us lot stop showing loyalty to Gow for no apparent reason.

If he isnt in the plans then he should be told to move on. I think he should have been tried at the minimum then we would all have a clearer opinion on him.

But the management team of Rangers are not here to "try" players so the support can get a clearer opinion on them :fish: - their job is one of winning games with the players they think will get the job done.

They didn't seem to think Gow was one of those players.

I would personally have liked to have give him a chance to be honest though.

But the management team of Rangers are not here to "try" players so the support can get a clearer opinion on them :fish: - their job is one of winning games with the players they think will get the job done.

Lost me there!!

I thought pre-season he looked reaqlly good so was suprised he never really featured when we were crying out for some creativity.

He may not have been the answer but would be worth a chance IMO. There though lies the problem, we can all guess and speculate about how he may have done but it basically lies with the management team. They are the ones that see him every day and obviously didnt think he would improve the team :S

I wish he would just go. He's not gonna get a chance, if he was it would've been last year when most of the players were dead on their feet. If he didn't get a run then, he isn't going to now.