Actually I would go for Man U's CB pairing - I think Ferdinand and Vidic is a very potent combination.

I am not convinced by either of those signings tbh Jon - they dont jump out at you - but then those are often the signings that come good.

I understand your excitement having signed Keane - but with Rafa you never know if he will use the rotation - and there is nothing to suggest he wont - if he uses rotation then Liverpool will languish in 4th again.

I honestly highly doubt they will challenge Chelsea and Man U (nothing to do with your love of Pool) because those two teams just know how to grind out results better than the rest, even when not playing well.

Will be an interesting season though as Liverpool will be closer and Arsenal will challenge again, or at least they should, they have only lost Hleb and Lehmann really and Lehmann wasn't getting a game anyway and Nasri has replaced Hleb - they will have Eduardo back too.

Gerrard would get in my Premier League XI for sure.

I dont think Benitez liked Riise too much.

Another team with an impressive midfield on paper is West Ham but the defence there lets us down badly.

Will be an interesting season though as Liverpool will be closer and Arsenal will challenge again, or at least they should, they have only lost Hleb and Lehmann really and Lehmann wasn't getting a game anyway and Nasri has replaced Hleb - they will have Eduardo back too.

They lost Flamini and Gilberto aswell so thats a chunk out of the midfield.

But as you say Eduardo will be back at one point (if he is the same player), plus Van persie was out for the most of last season so thats like a new signing. Also Rosicky will be back soon, who again, will be like a new signing.

Its all measuring up to be an even better season that last year. That can only be a good thing.

Vidic was outstanding last season, I do think though and always have, that Ferdinand is a bit over rated. Id put Terry in his place any day and possibly also Carvalhio.

Benitez will hopefully have learned his lesson from the squad rotation last season, not playing Torres week in week out cos them dearly!

Torres and Keane to me could be a lethal partnership and Ronaldo aside (who plays on the wing) I cant think of a better front two in the EPL.

Gribz, you are delusional about WH Im afraid. I'll stick with the 20 point differnce.......

Gribz, you are delusional about WH Im afraid. I'll stick with the 20 point differnce.......

Why?? Look at the list on paper, its very impressive. Whether they perform or not is another matter, but would you swap Rangers midfield for this? I would in an instant!!

Behrami - RM

Etherington - LM

Mullins - CM

Bowyer - CM/RM

Noble - CM

Quashie - CM

Parker - CM

Faubert - RM

Dyer - CM

Ljungberg - RM / LM

Boa Morte - LM

How many of them will they lose?

Ljunberg I wouldnt touch, well past his best. As is Bowyer who Id have taken maybe 3 years ago. Faubert we were in for then they had our curse an he was injured instantly. Quashie I like. Etherington, young and not to bad, but NO, dont rate them at all Im afraid

Forgot about Flamini !! And I had expected Gilberto to replace him - so if Wenger let him go then he must have designs on someone to come in and take that spot - Rosicky and Fabregas can play beside each other with Rosicky taking on the AM role and Cesc taking the DM - the interesting thing would be to see them both inter-changing that role during a game.

I don't think that Arsenal will be as depleted as people think. They will sign another player or two as well - there is lots of time with the window open. They have Denilson too although I reckon he isnt quite ready yet.

Well here's Arsenals new midfielder they were after. Once again another youngster who doesnt raise eyebrows.

Arsenal have signed Portugal Under-21 midfielder Amaury Bischoff from Werder Bremen for an undisclosed fee.

Bischoff will join up with his new team-mates when they return from a training camp in Austria.

The 21-year-old made just one appearance for the Budesliga side Bremen last season and he can play in the centre or right of midfield.

Bischoff joined Bremen in 2005 after spending his early years in France with Colmar and Strasbourg.

Bischoff played for France's Under-18 team before switching his allegiance to Portugal.

His only appearance for the German team came against Celta Vigo in the Uefa Cup in 2007.