All Of You Who Said Get Rid Of Smith Make Me Sick And You Need To Take A Reality Check. Yes The Quality Of Football Played Last Year Was Poor But It Took Us To A European Final How Many Honest Bluenoses Would Have Said This Was Going To Happen. He Ended A 3 Year Trophy Drought By Winning 2 Cups, And While We Just Missed Out On The League He Has Made A Substantial And Vast Change To Us In The Space Of 18 Month. While The Signings This Summer Havnt Wowed Me Im Still Sure Walter And Ally Are The Men For The Job. I Would Rather Sit At Ibrox And Watch A Boring Team Winning Than Going And Watching An Exciting Team Getting Humped!

Personally id rather watch an exciting team and win, but you excluded that option. No chance of that happening under walter though. Just the run of the mill secondrate performances weve all come accustomed to and that some have come to accept as the standard for Rangers football club.

Well Walter is in last chance salloon now, if he doesnt get us off to a good start in the league then its going to be tough for him to stay on.

Agree Gribz... although some would argue that he had his last chance last night - and it would be somewhat justified.

However, who would we get in ? And what would they do given they would have no cash to spend given the transfer windo would likely be shut by the time a successor came in ?

For me he should be judged on the league. Im not saying the full season, if we are poor until September then it ta-ta.

The thing is, going out last night has probably cured a few selection headaches for him. He will probably know now that we can sell either Cousin, Darcheville or Boyd for cut down prices as we need the cash plus possibly Cuellar.

For me he should be judged on the league. Im not saying the full season, if we are poor until September then it ta-ta.

The thing is, going out last night has probably cured a few selection headaches for him. He will probably know now that we can sell either Cousin, Darcheville or Boyd for cut down prices as we need the cash plus possibly Cuellar.

Yes, I suppose he should be judged on the league. But it's now clear for all to see that WS has favourites (won't bore you by naming them) and simply will not change - therefore, ipso facto, we must find ASAP another man who will be bold enough to do what's required. I know SDM must take some of the blame with his underfunding, but a good manager could still make more of the situation.

Agree Gribz... although some would argue that he had his last chance last night - and it would be somewhat justified.

However, who would we get in ? And what would they do given they would have no cash to spend given the transfer windo would likely be shut by the time a successor came in ?

May be controversial but I'd go for Big Eck. He had to work with the likes of Emerson and Ostenstad - he would definitely get more out of this bunch. To my mind he was unfairly pilloried because he was not a "Rangers man."

May be controversial but I'd go for Big Eck. He had to work with the likes of Emerson and Ostenstad - he would definitely get more out of this bunch. To my mind he was unfairly pilloried because he was not a "Rangers man."

Short memory surely. McLeish was perhaps the most clueless manager I've seen. The only things going for him were that he inherited quite a few good players and that he wasn't given the money that many of his counterparts received. However, what money he did get was invariably wasted and his tactics were almost as bad as Smith's.

Yes, I suppose he should be judged on the league. But it's now clear for all to see that WS has favourites (won't bore you by naming them) and simply will not change - therefore, ipso facto, we must find ASAP another man who will be bold enough to do what's required. I know SDM must take some of the blame with his underfunding, but a good manager could still make more of the situation.

But HAS SDM under-funded WS ? We bought Thomson in the January WS came in for over 2 mill (cant remember who else if any) and then last summer we spent about 14 mill, right ? Now this summer we have spent almost 9 mill SO FAR - so can we really accuse SDM of under-funding ?

Yes, I know we have offset some of that by selling Hutton but money was still made available to WS - and how many of his signings could be considered a success ? ONE (Cuellar) - with Thomson still capable IMO - the rest have been no better than average.

I can see why you would suggest Eck - but I think WS is now proving that "back to the future" is not necessarily the right move (I will caveat this by saying we could be having a knee-jerk reaction.... but the performances for the last 9 months have been poor at best !!).

I wouldn't want Eck back - as much for his sake as anything - he took plenty of abuse first time round and he definitely was under-funded by SDM and was expected to compete by being in the bargain basement......

Nah i defo couldnt handle Eck being back at Ibrox, just wouldnt work.

Smith needs to get us off to a flyer with players brought in to spice things up a bit. He needs to drop McCulloch, Dailly, Adam, Broadfoot and sometimes Whittaker and play young boys. Wouldnt do any worse in my opinion