You will be happy Gribz !! Bilic favourite to take over

Alan Curbishley has blamed a "breach of trust and confidence" for his sudden departure from Upton Park.

Curbishley has become the first managerial casualty of the Barclays Premier League season, resigning his post over a row regarding the make-up of the Hammers' playing squad.

In a statement released via the League Managers' Association he said: "I started my West Ham United career when I left school in 1974 and have remained a lifelong fan. I have been incredibly proud to manage such a great club and my decision to resign has been very tough.

"The selection of players is critical to the job of the manager and I had an agreement with the club that I alone would determine the composition of the squad.

"However, the club continued to make significant player decisions without involving me. In the end such a breach of trust and confidence meant that I had no option but to leave. Nevertheless, I wish the club and the players every success in the future."

I wonder who the bookies are paying out on for the first manager to leave their post this season. Keegan was announced first but then officially it was Curbs as Keegan seemed to have talks for a day.

Beattie, is this a Stewards enquiry???

As for the West Ham situation, I feel a bit for Curbs. He just never got a good grip on things or was consistant. But he was on an upward trend, save d the club 2 seasons ago then a mid table finish last season with no fewer than 12 key players out the whole season.

This year we have won 3 games out of 4 and scored 10 goals at home in 3 games, ok we needed ET to beat Macclesfield but we still came good.

I like Curbs and im sure he will get another job, but he was never going to take the club to a top 5 finish, top 8 was his peak IMO.

As for who gets the job, i dont think Bilic will take it. Front runners are Mancini, Donadoni and Di Canio. Id take 1 of the first 2 but not Di Canio. He was a great player but he isnt proved at management level yet.

There is talk of Redknapp coming back on talksport earlier due to funds running out at Pompey, cant see this myself.

A few others have been mentioned aswell - Strachan, houllier, Allardyce and Michael Laudrup, but i think the club will go for an Italian because 1 of the directors is italian and has linked up with Milan for off the field training etc.

Id like Donadoni or Mancini TBH - 50/50 or Laudrup.

As for Newcastle, Moyes, Deschamp and Laudrup are the front runners

Guest lazyscot

Pardew won't be coming back.

Similarly to Avram Grant, he is considered too poor in his relations with media and not telegenic enough. His hiring would contradict the stated intentions of the club - to extend the West Ham brand globally (read: Far East) and to create a team whose results and image are more in keeping with the leagues top (substitute more glamorous) sides.

Expect someone with a more recognizable name as the permanent replacement.