If only we were in the Premiership....

The fact Duff is considering going to Spurs only reinforces what I've always thought, that if ourselves and Celtic were in the Premiership, we'd make an impact. With the added TV money on top of our gate receipts and following, you can only imagine the quality of player we could attract (and afford) to Ibrox.

It'll never happen obviously, but its nice to dream sometimes.

Yeah, unfortunately without the same kind of TV money the big money leagues pull in it's impossible to attract or afford even the most average of players.

We'll have to be happy to operate in a lesser market and look to develop players and our club enough to compete on (and off) the field.

I'm really excited about PLG's attitude to buying young players and it could really be the start of something big for us. Its just hard not to glance down south and see the sort of players that mid-table and just-promoted sides in the Premiership can afford.

Its scary to think the heights and size both Old Firm would reach if them and us were premiership sides.

Before, we had the argument that we had out grown the SPL but we dont have that excuse at the moment after last season when Hearts closed the gap, and could of won the league had their owner not been such a donkey.

However i still dont see why we are not trying to get into it, it would make money for the EPL. Im sure the bigger clubs would rather see us and Celtic in the league more than Watford and Reading.

But the problem is UEFA want to reduce the top flight to 18 anyway so it would mean reducing the amount of EPL teams buy 5 to let us in which isnt going to happen.

I think our best shout is to use the example of Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham being allowed in when they are welsh.

An interesting question to Gers fans would be this:- IF the FA/EPL invited us to England but said the only way we could gain entry to the EPL was to go through all the Divisions, starting in League 2, how many would go for this?

I certainly would. There are Ex-premiership clubs in league 1 these days and the majority of championship clubs are ex-premiership regulars.

Taking on the likes of Huddersfield is more attractive than playing Livingston, and those League 2 and 1 clubs are as big if not bigger than the SPL clubs.

I think our best shout is to use the example of Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham being allowed in when they are welsh.

An interesting question to Gers fans would be this:- IF the FA/EPL invited us to England but said the only way we could gain entry to the EPL was to go through all the Divisions, starting in League 2, how many would go for this?

I certainly would. There are Ex-premiership clubs in league 1 these days and the majority of championship clubs are ex-premiership regulars.

Taking on the likes of Huddersfield is more attractive than playing Livingston, and those League 2 and 1 clubs are as big if not bigger than the SPL clubs.

I'm not so sure Gribz. My girlfriend is a Notts County supporter and I've been to quite a few Third Division/League 2 games over the years and in my opinion playing Livi at Almondvale is luxury compaired to most of the shitholes in this league and the standard of football is total guff. Also it can be a very tough league to get out of, if say we didn't get promoted in the first season you can get dragged down to the level of the other teams and god forbid it could take years until we finally reached the EPL.

Guest bobby

What would happen if we where in the EPL would the

Manchester polis cancel all our games in Lancashire what a joke they are

We could alway's take our own beloved Polis to give them a

hand

cheers guys from Perth Australia wish i could be there

Bobby