Of course there is a wee bit of mischief-making regarding the intentions but at the same time, there is nothing to say we shouldn't be able to do it and I'm pretty sure if it's successful we can use the template for another part of the club's past.

The Ulster connection is quite unique in that we're not just celebrating a few NI players but the thousands of Rangers fans who travel over the every game and back the team superbly as well as the actual club origins.

Just like the "Oranje Day" we're leaving ourselves open to a battering. Not into it. Funny how the only two "days" have been Oranje and now Ulster. There will be plenty of people posting after me with somewhat credible justifications for this but I'm afraid I think it's simply unneccessary and it's also bad PR. I'll say it if noone else will.

There has always been a strong connection between the club and Ulster.

Should we be prevented from doing things as a support due to unjustified criticism? We can't give into that sort of thing or esle you're giving victory to the likes of Spiers.

Saying that, I doubt that a majority will joining in as they won't even know about it. The wonderful thing about the Oranje day was that 80%-90% of the people who went wore something orange and it looked brilliant.

Maybe because we have a large input of fans from Northern Ireland who make the trip over every weekend

I get that, but it's just asking for trouble. If we have to do it why not at least organise it for Ibrox? Fir Park is hardly the best location for this kind of thing.

Think we should go for it , but the media will come out with the usual secterian related crap in the papers regarding this but stuff them , why not celebrate our NI players and fans there as much apart of the Gers as the rest of us.

Also why not have a Scottish day even Spanish, American anything that creates atmosphere must be good for the game and the players morale

my only concern is the love us mentality of the tims will make them follow in our footsteps and have an O'Irish Day or something along those lines.

but then again everyday is an O'rish day in the East End.

But i say go for it Everyone.

I agree with Cotter on this one especially as the club have never really marked St Andrews day in any way.

I know we have a large support in NI but we also have a big support from England..but the majority is Scottish and as I said nothing gets celebrated for that.

If the mhedia unload on us then it shows them up for what they really are. The ****s get away with flying tri-colours week in week out without a word against it, the argument that they were founded by some Irish dude doesn't wash, Rangers have always had a strong bond with Ulster whether today's board like it or not. This should be celebrated, but celebrated in a manner that doesn't give mhedia rags an excuse to berate it, therefore the club should be onboard with it and add credence to it.

I agree with Cotter on this one especially as the club have never really marked St Andrews day in any way.

I know we have a large support in NI but we also have a big support from England..but the majority is Scottish and as I said nothing gets celebrated for that.

This isn't organised by the club, has been organised by normal fans like you and me.

It's a shame that a Scotland/Scottish day wouldn't be supported with such fervour considering Scotland is the country that gave us the club that we all support and has contributed the most to the club's success.

Not to say there is anything wrong with an Ulster day, but my point remains none the less.