All good points, and up until the last couple of years I was always one of the guys who thought Murray always had the clubs best interest in mind, but as the years rolled on and as you say, when he started selling off out assets, it became clear who DM was in it for, and that's himself.

Again though, how much would a buyer need to pay for the club? Either way, having bought us for £6m, Mr. Murray will again made a nice profit.

All good points, and up until the last couple of years I was always one of the guys who thought Murray always had the clubs best interest in mind, but as the years rolled on and as you say, when he started selling off out assets, it became clear who DM was in it for, and that's himself.

Again though, how much would a buyer need to pay for the club? Either way, having bought us for £6m, Mr. Murray will again made a nice profit.

Like everything he does, Murray will want a profit - I would also like clarification on the £50M pounds he 'under-wrote' (sp) in the last share issue.

What Mr Murray has shown us is that it is unhealthy for one person to have 'total' control of everything connected with Rangers FC. He is untouchable and can basically do what he wants and to hell with us, the fans.

I am really concerned about the future of this club - recent events have shown that Murray can not be trusted and IMO we face a few more years of our culture etc being chipped away at by those who hate us - with David E Murray sitting back and allowing this to happen.

He has also shown that we have very little money to spend on transfers, so we have more years of bosmans, trialists and the odd £1M pound player. Hardly makes us certs for SPL domination never mind European success.

Back to the topic tho - and this may sound strange, but I don't think this deal is dead - YET

Cammy F

Looked a decent wee player.

So they wanted what, �£2.5m? How much have we actually spent this summer? We paid a couple of hundred thousand for Svensson and that's it, right? And we still can't afford �£2.5m?

I think we could afford it, I think it's still a question of valuation.

PLG believes a player is worth a set amount and that amount is what we're willing to pay.

I don't believe DM is to blame at all - I think he is simply going by PLG's wishes - if PLG agreed Sebo was worth 2.5M I think we'd have signed him by now.

Who here thinks that in the modern transfer market a player who used to play for Artmedia and is currently living it up in Austria is actually worth almost 3M?

I trust PLG and his judgement.

I think the signings have been

Svensson - 600k

Clement - 1.1 mill

Sionko - Bosman

Stanger - Free

Ponroy - Free

Furman - Free

N'Diaye - Free

No doubt I have missed someone - and likely someone important....

Letizi.

The NET spending is less though because we also got 500k for Zurab - that correct ?

Wish I had the foggiest about finance.

So much for David Murrays comments regarding the new manager have significant funds available.

I don't want to see a return to the WS and DA days, but after all of DM's procrastinating, I did think we would have had some money to strengthen the squad.

The transfer window doesn't close for another 6 weeks, but IMO we need players in place now so we can get them intigrated into the squad etc.

Another case of shallow words (or downright lies) from Liar Liar himself, Mr David E Murray.

Cammy F - The Sooner That Lying So-And-So Goes The Better Loyal RSC

Very anti DM post there. What tells you DM is holding the purse strings? Because from what I've seen PLG seems to be dictating the price we're willing to pay, not DM.

Very anti DM post there. What tells you DM is holding the purse strings? Because from what I've seen PLG seems to be dictating the price we're willing to pay, not DM.

Eh, he is the Chairman - so he holds the pursestrings....

I am more concerned that we are now onto PLG's 4th choice for a vital position in our team. How far down the list do we go? Have Rangers fallen that far that we accept PLG's 5th choice striker rather than add an extra �£200,000 onto a bid to land this player?

Martin Bain is actually in charge off all contract and purchasing of players - he reports directly to --------- David Murray..

But as I said above, this deal isn't dead in the water - YET

Cammy F

Eh, he is the Chairman - so he holds the pursestrings....

He also infinitely trusts and puts faith in PLG.

I am more concerned that we are now onto PLG's 4th choice for a vital position in our team. How far down the list do we go? Have Rangers fallen that far that we accept PLG's 5th choice striker rather than add an extra �£200,000 onto a bid to land this player?

First choice was Elmander. Then Sebo. So where do you get 4 from?

Martin Bain is actually in charge off all contract and purchasing of players - he reports directly to --------- David Murray..

Martin Bain has more power than you realise...

But as I said above, this deal isn't dead in the water - YET

Looks it to me.

He also infinitely trusts and puts faith in PLG.

Does he, I'm sure PLG has given David Murray names of players he wants, and he hasn't gotten them - YET (Clement aside)

First choice was Elmander. Then Sebo. So where do you get 4 from?

No, first choice was Lovenkrands - Elmander, then Sebo - so if we sign the Arsenal reserve, that'll be 4th choice - if not, it'll be 5th, or 6th, or 7th choice.

Martin Bain has more power than you realise...

I know how much power he has - and its a disgrace - a man that doesn't have any respect for you or me and doesn't have Rangers FC or our best interests at heart.

Looks it to me.

Well, if and I quote - infinitely trusts and puts faith in PLG - it might not be. PLG wants the player and the two clubs aren't far apart. Plus, we could sign him for nothing in January...

Cammy F

Correct me if I'm wrong but it is it not Martin Bain that constructs the deals nowadays? Every single deal now in particular the Kyrgiakos saga's take weeks to complete and are all done in the public eye. This never used to be the case and most of the deals were completed almost before we knew about them, the only that has been like this recently was the Svensson, bolt from the blue