The strange thing is that I've heard that Jackson is/was a bluenose.....

Anything to gain a reputation though, eh?

From the vile and utter bullshit he prints about our club and the fans I doubt very much if he has supported Rangers.

From the vile and utter bullshit he prints about our club and the fans I doubt very much if he has supported Rangers.

Doesn't he, or hasn't he worked for Rangers (RTV)...??

Cammy F

I think Craig still has 4 spaces left for memberships that he paid for.... if they havent expired or been given away yet.

dont waste any more of your money craig, the only letter i ever recieved from the RST was one to renew my membership. didnt recieve any newsletters at all.

IT WAS a comforting TV refrain familiar to millions: "Evening all and mind how you go." Have we regressed to the era of Dixon of Dock Green, a time when the nation's blue-serged finest regarded half-a-dozen guys drinking from their pale ale bottles after hours as a public hazard?

Seems, as they would have it in Lancashire, there is indeed trouble-at-t'mill. Greater Manchester Police have determined a public safety issue was involved in the planned visit of Rangers and their support to Bolton next week for a pre-season friendly.

Although the Ibrox club had sold just over 2000 tickets to their lot, expectations were for up to 12,000 to travel to the Reebok Stadium.

Apart from the suspicion you would be but the one signature distant from being sectioned under the Mental Health Act were Bolton a preferred choice for leisure time, there are other, broader issues involved in this brouhaha.

The competence of the policing service in the area must be dodgy at best if it is not up to handling a relatively small grouping.

Given that the majority of us pay our taxes to central government, who in turn fund the police service, we should be entitled to demand rites of passage and security to watch a game of football, the date of which had been established well in advance of the pulling of the plug.

IF GMP consider public safety is indeed at risk by a small invasion of Rangers supporters, how can they possibly be up to handling the potentially fraught local derbies involving the

Manchester clubs, not to mention visits from the likes of the infamous Chelsea "Head Hunters"?

Also - by heavy inference - a major slur has been cast on the Rangers support.

The same police force has welcomed up to 30,000 of the Celtic minded, most recently for the Roy Keane testimonial match and praised their behaviour.

Subliminally, the message is to the effect they are more trustworthy than those who get their kicks on the other side of the Old Firm divide, so within there lies an insult, intended or otherwise.

No question, there are highly unsavoury elements within the fellow travellers of Rangers and they did themselves and the club they purport to back no favours by loutish behaviour before a Uefa Cup tie against Villarreal in Spain last season, actions that, if repeated, will undoubtedly result in severe punishment by European football's governing body.

However, this time around, Rangers have been found guilty without a trial. Their banishment has been achieved despite the fact no act of violence has taken place. They have been castigated before the event and that is wrong.

The surprise is Rangers have agreed to go ahead with the game anyway, the fixture switched to Glasgow and to be played out behind closed doors at Ibrox or Murray Park.

Their disgust might have been better served by cancelling the match and so pointing an accusing finger at the Manchester police authorities.

Clearly, the imperatives of the new manager, Paul Le Guen, have been paramount, but the club's owner, David Murray, will be juggling with senses of justifiable anger and hurt. Over the next week, Strathclyde Police will be responsible for the security of the supporters of Middlesbrough, Everton and Manchester United.

Not the hint of a fuss has been made, no sign of trepidation witnessed in their preparations for games at Ibrox and Parkhead.

After all, as they accept, they are paid to police. That's their job, their role within society.

They might well have their opinions on those they deal with, but, as professionals, they have a duty to safeguard the public and to ensure, as best they can, that football matches are properly stewarded.

Any police force incapable of fulfilling such an objective is, as their gaffer John Reid might put it, "not fit for purpose".

A good reply from the evening times.

I did Koeman - and it kicked off a huge fuss (my naivety in all things financial+internet caused it).

If you give me your details I can send an email to Joanne at the Trust and she can input all your details for you Koeman (Frankie, I think I have lost Joanne's email address - can you please provide again ?) - I THINK that all is required is your name, email address and mailing address - Joanne can put all the details in and then you will receive your welcome email and share certificate through the post.

I offered 10 memberships and was taken up with 6 of them - so I still have a few quid to spare on them -

PM sent Craig. Feel like a right sponger though :o

Some man :thup: