sebo to rangers within 24 hrs (as per Buba)

More in the paper today, Sebo is now hopeful of a transfer happening very soon. Rangers are still in talks and he says everyone at the club is behind him in his decision apart from the owner, who he set straight on the matter.

Really hope this one comes off, I think the one area we're light on is strikers. I'd also like to see us picking up Andy Webster for some cover in central defence, but I don't know if he'd be happy with a squad place even if we did go for him.

The owner seems adamant he isn't going to let him go for less than their asking price and claims he knows nothing of any meetings between his agent although did confirm he spoke to the coach etc

I'd like to think we wouldn't miss out on a player for the sake of £500,000 or so, considering the league starts this week and we are in need of a striker. I guess its a balancing act between paying over the odds and paying a reasonable amount for a young player with potential, in a position we're lacking cover in.

But I think the guy only has one year left on his contract so we could get him next year for free or cheap in January... AV are not really in a position to play hardball and 500K IS a lot to us these days when it's at least an 8th of our annual transfer budget.

No, he still has 2-3 years left on his contract.

I don't mind pulling out if the difference is £0.5million but for the sake of an extra £200K I'd be disappointed.

I actually know someone in the Swiss media and he says this guy is highly rated and Nike want to use him as a brand leader over the next few years. Hence Wein's reluctance to move him on. He's worth a lot of money commercially and their main sponsor pulls out at the end of their season.

I read about the Nike link way back when we were first linked with him, but no-where else seemed to pick up on it so I didn't know if it was actually true or not. It would certainly be another reason for them holding out for more cash.

Also, I don't think there's much difference between £200,000 and £500,000. I'm guessing big Marv's wages could cover the difference.

Also, I don't think there's much difference between �£200,000 and �£500,000. I'm guessing big Marv's wages could cover the difference.

:confused:

Thats like saying there isnt much difference between 2m and 5m.

Not really. Say Marv was on 4 grand a week. There's £200,000+ already. What I mean is that in the scheme of our wage and transfer budget, a few hundred thousand shouldn't be much. But its ultimately all guesswork as we jsut don't know what's going on with the finances just now.