ah that rings a bell?

with dundee utd?

Aye, but he continued to get into bother when with Rangers. I actually felt sorry for DF as I witnessed fist hand what shit the guy had to put up with. We were on a company night out to Gleneagles (I know!) and DF was staying at the hotel with his wife (John Parrots sister). DF was at Everton when this happened.

During the evening, the lad never got a minutes peace, with people asking him for autographs, photos, to buy him a pint etc and it was obvious that the guy just wanted a quiet night with his missus.

Anyway, as the night got on, and DF was getting drunk and drunker, a sill dint barged into him on the dancefloor and called him a dirty orange bastard. DF to his credit left the dancefloor with his wife and went back to their table.

later, the same bint walked past the table and throw a drink over DF and his wife - DF exploded and drew his hand back as if to strike the bint - IMO this was what she was wanting so she could report him - but instead of hitting out, he just laughed in her face.

The management thro out the bint...

Cammy F

Aye, but he continued to get into bother when with Rangers. I actually felt sorry for DF as I witnessed fist hand what shit the guy had to put up with. We were on a company night out to Gleneagles (I know!) and DF was staying at the hotel with his wife (John Parrots sister). DF was at Everton when this happened.

During the evening, the lad never got a minutes peace, with people asking him for autographs, photos, to buy him a pint etc and it was obvious that the guy just wanted a quiet night with his missus.

Anyway, as the night got on, and DF was getting drunk and drunker, a sill dint barged into him on the dancefloor and called him a dirty orange bastard. DF to his credit left the dancefloor with his wife and went back to their table.

later, the same bint walked past the table and throw a drink over DF and his wife - DF exploded and drew his hand back as if to strike the bint - IMO this was what she was wanting so she could report him - but instead of hitting out, he just laughed in her face.

The management thro out the bint...

Cammy F

dreadful behaviour.

i suppose that is what happens to famous folk and you get thses scumbags wanting to make a name for themselves and get on the news etc.

wish he had`ve slapped her!

Exactly (both Cammy AND Colshy) - they say that this is the price you pay for being a celebrity - Bullshit.

I defy anyone to take that level of abuse and still hold back - it is very difficult to hold back when faced with that - no matter the status of the individual it is human nature that most would have lashed out.

Fair play to big Dunc for walking away from it, especially with a few jars in him.

I don't think he would ever have been suited to the West Coast goldfish bowl which is a shame as he could have been a very, very good player for us.

Exactly (both Cammy AND Colshy) - they say that this is the price you pay for being a celebrity - Bullshit.

I defy anyone to take that level of abuse and still hold back - it is very difficult to hold back when faced with that - no matter the status of the individual it is human nature that most would have lashed out.

Fair play to big Dunc for walking away from it, especially with a few jars in him.

I don't think he would ever have been suited to the West Coast goldfish bowl which is a shame as he could have been a very, very good player for us.

I actually got a chance to speak to him at length the following morning (long story, but boy was I gald!) and he seemed a very down to earth guy and as he was alone at the time, he took time to talk to me about life at Rangers and Everton - guy was gutted at what had happened to him at Rangers but he still held a great love for the club.

I said to him that it was a shame that he couldn't even enjoy a quiet night out with his wife at an 'exclusive' retreat without getting hassle. He agreed and said yhou just had to accept it as part of the package of being a footballer.

Anyway, I'll never forget and will always look back with pride and having had the opportunity to talk to him.

Cammy F