Murray warns Reid over comments

Guest Jum Spence

That's not quite how I see it. I have no expectations of David Murray at all and his battles are of no interest to me. However, I do expect the chairman of Rangers to fulfill the duties that go with the office. The failure to consistently and vigourously act in the interests of the club is, in my opinion, why Murray has never been the best man for the job.

I can't for the life of me understand the purpose of his recent statements. It makes no sense to fight battles you cannot possibly hope to win or from which you cannot be certain of extracting some tangible gain. Reid is very bad news indeed and has undoubtedly introduced a much more partisan and aggressive element into the relationship between the two clubs. If Murray cannot get serious he will be eaten alive by Reid. And what good will that do for Rangers?

Seems like he is damned if he does and damned if he doesnt.

I may be missing something maineflyer (feel free to correct me) but your above statement suggests, to me, that initially you want SDM to act in the interests of the club but then belittle the statement he has recently made (which, on the face of it, looks like he is defending the club, to an extent).

What am I missing ?

I am not convinced Reid will eat him alive - Reid comes across as being aggressive and emotional - those types tend to hang themselves given enough rope and by prodding at them enough.

Or maybe Murray just needs to make the decision that if it is good enough for Celtic to cast stones at Rangers then it is good enough for us to do likewise - and we all know that there are more than enough skeletons in the Celtic closet to embarass them.

I am glad that SDM mentioned the "poppy scandal" - what an abhorrent thing of them to do. At least SDM is "highlighting" it - and you can bet that Reid wasn't a happy camper that it happened !

It seems our chairman is telling his counterpart that people in glass houses shouldnt through stones. His mouth was very big over the famine song but less vocal after his supporters disgraceful performance at swynecastle where the sang sectarian songs for ninety minutes and racially abused british soldiers selling poppies.

And while your mouth is open Dr Reid maybe you would like to explain why British sevicemen werent allowed to wear their uniforms at Peadophile park too.

Exactly gisabeer.

I think Murray has been quite clever here. Clearly, Reid only commented after hearing part of the quotes and the later release of the clarification regarding Boruc et al has worked quite well.

This will be the end of the matter though. Which just goes to show how far the odd measured comment from our chairman can go.

More please.

murray's already went too far in acknowledging our bigotry to his friends in the liberal press, so any earth shattering turn around would make him look inconsistnet. wise move, i think. well chosen words.

If you don't think that having a man as well connected politically as John Reid stand up publicly pointing his green finger at Rangers fans has worsened the situation I fail to see why because I don't know what could be much worse.

We've had McConnell sticking his boot in, Salmond cuddling up to them, the current scottish Secretary's behaviour at OF games witnessed, numerous politicians criticising us for The Famine Chant etc. Reid is just one in a long line of politicians to have a go.