Gers Fan Banning Order-Famine Song

Anyone see Rab C. Nesbitt last night? (which was hilarious by the way) - there was a comment about Gordon Ramsay being a 'Hun'. Should we be offended by the term?

I suppose that question answers itself; it either offends you or it doesn't. If you have to ask yourself if something offends you, it clearly doesn't.

I personally don't find it offensive at all but I can understand why some people do. The real problem as I see it is not genuine offence but mock offence. Many people claim to be offended by something in order to portray the alleged offenders in a bad light. The mhanky mob got the mock-offence ball rolling big time but Rangers are no longer without their own share of this type of fan. Or at least that's how it looks to me.

Unfortunately there does seem to be a determined and unrelenting campaign to portray the Rangers support in a bad light whilst ignoring every other side in the country. I find myself getting annoyed, not because what other fans are singing offends me, but because it goes completely uncommented on whilst we are routinely villified.

The vast majority of football songs are designed to upset/annoy/offend the other side. That's their entire reason for being. That's why I've never been directly offended by *anything* another team's support have sung, no matter how sick - hey, I've sung sick stuff myself before. I even find sick stuff funny sometimes. Guess I'm just a Bad Person!

However I do find myself becoming increasing angry at the one-sided nature of this bollox.

I suppose that question answers itself; it either offends you or it doesn't. If you have to ask yourself if something offends you, it clearly doesn't.

I personally don't find it offensive at all but I can understand why some people do. The real problem as I see it is not genuine offence but mock offence. Many people claim to be offended by something in order to portray the alleged offenders in a bad light. The mhanky mob got the mock-offence ball rolling big time but Rangers are no longer without their own share of this type of fan. Or at least that's how it looks to me.

Unfortunately there does seem to be a determined and unrelenting campaign to portray the Rangers support in a bad light whilst ignoring every other side in the country. I find myself getting annoyed, not because what other fans are singing offends me, but because it goes completely uncommented on whilst we are routinely villified.

The vast majority of football songs are designed to upset/annoy/offend the other side. That's their entire reason for being. That's why I've never been directly offended by *anything* another team's support have sung, no matter how sick - hey, I've sung sick stuff myself before. I even find sick stuff funny sometimes. Guess I'm just a Bad Person!

However I do find myself becoming increasing angry at the one-sided nature of this bollox.

Totally agree. i also don't give a shit what the other teams sing, but one sided persecution is what gets my hair standing on end.

I don't think we should sing it, for one, it's a shit song, and two, we've definitely been manipulated into singing it. We need to find our own song which we sing because WE decide it's worth singing. Let's blindside them with something completely different.

However, I don't think your average fan will be able to help themselves. Their strong sense of personal liberty means they'll sing whatever the press wants them to... :rolleyes:

Edited by calscot

I don't think we should sing it, for one, it's a shit song, and two, we've definitely been manipulated into singing it. We need to find our own song which we sing because WE decide it's worth singing. Let's blindside them with something completely different.

However, I don't think your average fan will be able to help themselves. Their strong sense of personal liberty means they'll sing whatever the press wants them to... :rolleyes:

Agree with you Cal. Well it's christmas for gods sake.;) No, totally agree the mopes are having a field day with us we need to come up with something for ourselves that mocks but doesn't have any possible racist meaning. Shit! Until a few days ago i would have said Hokey cokey.

I still think we should sing walk on. Get it in there before them. Get all the blue scarfs in the air and it belting over the tanoy. That would be a real slap in the face for them.

Agree with you Cal. Well it's christmas for gods sake.;) No, totally agree the mopes are having a field day with us we need to come up with something for ourselves that mocks but doesn't have any possible racist meaning. Shit! Until a few days ago i would have said Hokey cokey.

I still think we should sing walk on. Get it in there before them. Get all the blue scarfs in the air and it belting over the tanoy. That would be a real slap in the face for them.

What song that the Rangers Support sing has ... 'ANY POSSIBLE RACIST MEANING'... if we do, then the word racist has changed it's meaning recently.

I'm with you on this one and I'd change the main refrain to "And you'll never win away-ay. You'll Ne-e-e-ver win away"